Zombie vs Alien - Get zombie class to interact with alien class

Hey I’ve been learning python for about 2 months and classes are something I’m not fully understanding, I’m doing this project:
https://www.codecademy.com/journeys/computer-science/paths/cscj-22-intro-to-programming/tracks/cscj-22-basic-python-data-structures-and-objects/modules/cscj-22-python-object-oriented-programming/projects/create-a-game-using-classes-and-objects

In the computer science course, I’ve been having trouble trying figuring out how two separate classes are supposed to interact with each other. I’m making a Zombie vs Alien game and can’t figure out how i would have them attack each other. In the example and lesson it has another instance in the class that interacts with each other but not two separate classes interacting

class Zombie:
  def __init__(self, name, strength, speed, size):
    self.name = name
    self.strength = strength
    self.speed = speed
    self.size = size
    self.health = self.strength + self.speed + self.size
    self.is_dead = False

def lose_health(self):
    self.health -= 2
    print('{} has lost 2 health and now has {} health'.format(self.name, self.health))
    if self.health <= 0:
      self.is_dead = True
      print('{} has died'.format(self.name))

def attack(self):
    if (self.strength + self.speed) > (Alien.self.strength + Alien.self.speed):
      Alien.lose_health()

class Alien:
  def __init__(self, name, strength, speed, size):
    self.name = name
    self.strength = strength
    self.speed = speed
    self.size = size
    self.health = self.strength + self.speed + self.size
    self.is_dead = False

def lose_health(self):
    self.health -= 2
    print('{} has lost 2 health and now has {} health'.format(self.name, self.health))
    if self.health <= 0:
      self.is_dead = True
      print('{} has died'.format(self.name))

zombie = Zombie('Terry', 7, 5, 2)
alien = Alien('Marion', 5, 3, 3)
zombie.attack(alien)

I know its not a lot but this is what I have, I didn’t think it would work especially:
(Alien.self.strength + Alien.self.speed)

There may be an easy solution and I don’t get it, Any help or guidance would be appreciated, classes seem very important to understand in python

I think this may get you going again. The line “zombie.attack(alien)” is presenting an argument to zombie.attack. zombie.attack is already receiving an argument of self, so you are getting an error because you are giving it an additional argument of alien. If you add “Alien” to you Zombie attack function, just after “self”, and delete the .self from the Alien.self.strength + Alien.self.speed portion of the code, you will make some progress.

def attack(self, Alien):
if (self.strength + self.speed) > (Alien.strength + Alien.speed):
Alien.lose_health()