Your second "for" loop

I have no idea where to begin to start this piece of code, any tips or advice?

/*jshint multistr:true */
var text = "Hey, how are you Vaughan?\
How was your sleep Vaughan?\
My name is Vaughan?";

var myName = "Vaughan"

var hits = []

for (var i = 0; i < text.length ; i++); {
    if (text[0] === "V"){
        for(var j = i; 
    console.log(myName)
}

1. Take time reading the instructions carefully and even write it in pseudocode for better comprehension.

2. If you built the first loop you can build the second, use it as a guide they are not too different. :slight_smile:

3. Here's an example of how it should start, just to give you a base line, :sweat_smile:

for (var j = i; j < i + myName.length; //More code here...

/*jshint multistr:true */
var text = "Hey, how are you Vaughan?\
How was your sleep Vaughan?\
My name is Vaughan?";

var myName = "Vaughan"

var hits = []

for (var i = 0; i < text.length ; i++); {
if (text[0] === "V"){
for(var j = i; j < i + myName.length;)
console.log(myName)
}

The above is where i got so far, the Instructions aren't very clear to be honest on code academy. There is alot of "do this" with not much break down on some of the questions

This is because, Codecademy infers that you have grasped all the concepts taught before the lesson you are on and can safely unravel how to do it. :slight_smile:

It seems to me that you have added nothing to your code even after I gave you a baseline, you just appended my base line to your code and didn't even add an increment block afterj < i + myName.length;) I think the best advice I can give you is review the previous lessons about for loops and the nesting of for loops, how they work and so on. Because I gather that you are a bit lost, and I'm a little confused on how you did the first for loop on your own.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.