Worries and Excitement about the Future

Hi Codecademy and fellow learners,

I’m a student of the full stack software engineering course and I’m loving it so far. I think Codecademy has done a great job in creating an interactive and engaging curriculum.

However, I’m also curious about how AI is affecting the software engineering field and what skills will be in demand in the future. I have some questions that I hope you can share your thoughts on:

• How do you keep your skills updated and relevant in this fast-changing industry?
    → Like what should we actually be focusing on right now?

• How can we be certain that after completing a course we won’t just be replaced by an AI in a few months/year?

→ I know there’s a lot of mentions about how “AI won’t replace you, but person+AI will”. However this is only true until we have systems (like AutoGPT) that can goal direct themselves and that need minimal supervision.

• How does Codecademy incorporate AI into its courses and platform, and how can we all collectively remain relevant?

I appreciate any feedback or insights you can offer. Thank you for your time and attention. Yall are amazing :sparkles:

Cheers, Stefan