During this lockdown, We are working from home but still we are facing difficulties in work life balance. We have to do job from 9 to 6, and also manage time to learn & improve skills. Suggest me the ways how can i improve work life balance in 30 days
I can totally feel you, i am trying as fast as i can even doing regular family chores. i dont have any parents so i have to help my wife with my baby boy.
still i am desperate and love coding, so i think i am doing good.
It’s hard to find that balance. Here are my suggestions:
- Think about your overall day. Think about what time you can spare.
- Come up with a personal goal. What do I want to accomplish? Be realistic. Give yourself padding.
- Communicate this time frame to whoever you need to. Explain why and give exact time frames if needed. (if this applies)
- Stick to your personal goal. If you’re serious about it, show it by doing this step.
- Stick to your commitments. As stated in step 4, it’s a 2 way street. Don’t burn the candle at both ends. It WILL burn you out, and I can promise that from experience.
- Most importantly, DO NOT RUSH. If you rush yourself, you are less likely to retain the information, in turn your risks of giving up are higher.
I hope this helps you and others. Happy Coding.
Hi @arv17 , I will suggest you put a structure around what you are doing , set time frame and cut (set) task into little bits or achievable tasks. Better still connect with me on linkedin so you can can join the conversation of A balanced tech woman as that was what i talked about in the just concluded 2020 Global conference of Woman Tech Network .
Here is my link: https://www.linkedin.com/in/linus-ime-brown