Work Life Balance

During this lockdown, We are working from home but still we are facing difficulties in work life balance. We have to do job from 9 to 6, and also manage time to learn & improve skills. Suggest me the ways how can i improve work life balance in 30 days

1 Like

I can totally feel you, i am trying as fast as i can even doing regular family chores. i dont have any parents so i have to help my wife with my baby boy.
still i am desperate and love coding, so i think i am doing good.

It’s hard to find that balance. Here are my suggestions:

1. Think about your overall day. Think about what time you can spare.
  2. Come up with a personal goal. What do I want to accomplish? Be realistic. Give yourself padding.
  3. Communicate this time frame to whoever you need to. Explain why and give exact time frames if needed. (if this applies)
  4. Stick to your personal goal. If you’re serious about it, show it by doing this step.
  5. Stick to your commitments. As stated in step 4, it’s a 2 way street. Don’t burn the candle at both ends. It WILL burn you out, and I can promise that from experience.
  6. Most importantly, DO NOT RUSH. If you rush yourself, you are less likely to retain the information, in turn your risks of giving up are higher.

I hope this helps you and others. Happy Coding. :handshake:

Hi @arv17 , I will suggest you put a structure around what you are doing , set time frame and cut (set) task into little bits or achievable tasks. Better still connect with me on linkedin so you can can join the conversation of A balanced tech woman as that was what i talked about in the just concluded 2020 Global conference of Woman Tech Network .
Here is my link: https://www.linkedin.com/in/linus-ime-brown