Why your tutorial dont accept my "correct" answer?

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

https://www.codecademy.com/fr/courses/learn-python/lessons/a-day-at-the-supermarket/exercises/keeping-track-of-the-produce-?action=lesson_resume

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

My code is correct …

<What do you expect to happen instead?>

all happens has expected …

prices = {
  "banana": 4,
  "apple": 2,
  "orange": 1.5,
  "pear": 3
}

stock = {
  "banana": 6,
  "apple": 0,
  "orange": 32,
  "pear": 15
}

count = 0 # the counter for keys index

for le_fruit in stock:
  print stock.keys()[count] # i want display the fruit's name
  print "price: %s" % prices[le_fruit]
  print "stock: %s" % stock[le_fruit]
  print "" # a space beetween 2 entry of stock info
  count +=1

look at the loop:

for le_fruit in stock:

python will assign the keys (banana, apple and so on) of dictionary to the loop iterator (le_fruit), so if you want to print the fruits name, you can simply print le_fruit

given the loop also handles the assigning of keys to the loop iterator, you don’t need count = 0 and count += 1

i am afraid you can’t do that, given the exercise validates that there only 3 print statements, doing print "" includes a 4th print statement

if you really want to do this, see if you can use a new line character (\n), if you know how to, otherwise leave it for now

I am convinced i tested “Print le_fruit” as the first try … why i would do more complicated ?

Just maybe i rewrite wrongly and i miss the mistake (ex" Le_fruit" instead of “le_fruit” or something like) and I tried other things …

so its ok it work now :

prices = {
  "banana": 4,
  "apple": 2,
  "orange": 1.5,
  "pear": 3
}

stock = {
  "banana": 6,
  "apple": 0,
  "orange": 32,
  "pear": 15
}

#count = 0

for le_fruit in stock:

#pTTTrint stock.keys()[count] # i want display the fruit's name

print le_fruit
  print "price: %s" % prices[le_fruit]
  print "stock: %s" % stock[le_fruit]

#pTTTrint ""
  #count +=1

The Red message " You should have exactly three print statements! (Make sure there are no occurrences of ‘print’ in any comment or string!) " helped me : i TTT the print who was in comments …

not sure why you would do something more complicated

its recommended to have variable names in all lowercase, if the variable name consist of multiply words, to use underscores.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.