Why this do

??? I do all great

Did you try to refresh the page?

Sure, And I refresh the site

Please post your code and a link to this exercise. Thank you.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-BxUFN/2/3?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

bool_one = 2** 3 == 108 % 100 или 'Cleese' == 'King Arthur'

bool_two = 100 == 100 or 3 > 5

bool_three = 100**0.5 >= 50 or 6 == 5

bool_four = 3 < 4 or 5 < 10

bool_five = 1**100 == 100**1 or 3 * 2 * 1 != 3 + 2 + 1

And text in window when I save and submit code

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "python/cli_runner.py", line 152, in
File "/root/adapter/runners/python/base_runner.py", line 46, in start
File "python/cli_runner.py", line 77, in handle_command
File "python/cli_runner.py", line 119, in execute
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 34: ordinal not in range(128)

I think the point of this exercise is to test and see if you understand the concept of the Boolean operator or.

In your code, you simply copied over the given instructions. However, the instruction actually asks for you to evaluate the statements yourself and then equate each boolean to the result which you obtained by your own calculations.

for example, for bool_one, it should be equal to the result of 2**3 == 108 % 100 or 'Cleese' == 'King Arthur'. Let us first evaluate the left-hand side of this statement.

Is 2**3 == 108 % 100 true? Yes it is!

Then, let us evaluate the right-hand side of this statement.

Is 'Cleese' == 'King Arthur'? No, it isn't!

So now, you have a True and a False. However, keep in mind that in this case the boolean operator is or, meaning that so long as you have a single True, the boolean will return True.

So, you should set bool_one = True. Try the same for the remaining booleans :slight_smile:

P.S. what a strange character!

Thanks)))) I wish you every success!

And, the next operand is never read. Since True is encountered in the first operand, it short circuits to True for the whole expression, without examing any further.