Why the while loop works with < but not with ===?

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/javascript-beginner-en-ASGIv/1/1?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

Why do this code below works with counter < 3, but it doesn't work with counter === 3 ?

var counter = 0

var loop = function(){
	while(counter === 3){
		//Your code goes here!
		console.log("I'm looping!")
		counter++		
	}
};

loop();

Your code should not work for syntax errors.
If I understand it correctly, it works for <3 as the logic inside while loop is valid for < 3. Remember you defined:
var counter =0.
So, it can go up with the counter++ while the logic is valid.

But for counter ===3 and var counter =0 together do not make sense at all or while loop does not get any logic to execute.

Oh, let me see if I get it. Is it because when I declare counter === 3 in the condition, the counting with the ++ starts at 3? Or is it because I can't declare an equality in the variable and at the same time declare equality in the condition for the same variable? Or putting it differently, is it because < and > admit ++, but === doesn't admit ++?

When you are saying var counter =0; counter holding a value which is 0.
In the logic, while (counter ===3)
Counter (whose initial value is 0) is not holding a value 3. Does not satisfy the logic so should not execute while loop.
But if (counter < 3) then when you are passing counter(whose initial value is 0) to the function satisfy the condition and that's why it works.

counter = 0;

var loop = function()
{
	while(counter < 3)
               {
	  console.log("I'm looping!");
	  counter ++;
	  	}

};
loop(counter);

The instruction says you can do this however way you want but the hint wants us to do using only while. I also used a for loop inside a while loop but that's not very appropriate for this exercise. The main thing if you can distinguish each loop and (for, while, do while etc) their purposes.

You see, it won't work because in the lessons, you have to follow the instructions**exactly**, or you will get the lesson wrong. That is why you could do

, but not