Why should I use an external stylesheet instead of inline CSS?
- use the principle of separation of concerns, this makes both the HTML and CSS easier to read and more organized
- can be used on multiple HTML documents without having to rewrite CSS declarations
- allow global styles to be changed easily, new changes will be applied to the entire HTML document the external CSS is used on
- styles will have to be applied individually to HTML elements, and do not use the principle of separation of concerns, this makes both the HTML and CSS harder to read/disorganized
- styles cannot be used on multiple HTML pages - styles have to be rewritten for each page
- styles are not global, if a change is needed for a particular style it will need to be changed on the element itself