Why no Lua?

Now, i’m certainly new to this website and the main reason i joined was to learn HTML,as being a former Lua writer for programs, i think it would be great to add lua.
Thanks!

codecademy can’t teach every language in existence. If that where possible we might as well add c, c++, c#, swift, golang, fortan, kotlin and many more.

Writing courses take times. Choices have to be made in what languages are taught

I have no idea what you are talking about! I did not ask for you to add all languages! Only ONE DOS 1 not 2 not 3, but One.

one person wants lua, someone else wants C, a third person wants kotlin, then someone would prefer a swift course.

We can’t add a language because one or a few users request it, it would be nice, but i am afraid we do not have the resources to achieve this.

Writing courses and maintaining them takes time, but there is good news :slight_smile:

there are jobs openings:

https://www.codecademy.com/about/jobs

if you think you have what it takes to write a course, you could join the codecademy team

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.