Why learn Python?

Python is hyped because it is a vеry bеginnеrs friеndly lаnguаge to lеаrn, yеt it also can be very powerful (Whole ААА gаmеs hаvе bееn built in Pythоn). The syntax is very elegant in my opinion and removes a lot of the bloat code that you see in other languages. I also like how they have somewhat of a standard way of formatting the code which makes it much easier to read other peoples code.

Another reason why it is so popular is the amount of modules available to use. And if there isn’t a Python module for what you want it is fairly simple to wrap a C/C++ library to work with Python.

It might not have the speed of languages like C/C++ but in our day and age computers and becoming faster and faster and memory is becoming more abundant so this isn’t as big as a issue anymore. More people are looking to get things done faster these days.

I mean just look at the basic “Hello World” program in Python compared to other languages. You can see how little code it takes to get things done in Python

print “Hello World!”

Then there is some neat features like being able to return multiple objects from a function, handling a undefined amount of arguments in a function and all them goodies.

3 Likes

Python is easy to learn . Python has a simple syntax that makes it suitable for learning programming as a first language. The learning curve is smoother than other languages such as Java, which quickly requires learning about Object Oriented Programming or C/C++ that requires to understand pointers.
For best learning and enhancing your skills you can join Python Training Course in Noida

3 Likes

I am learning python because 1) i am curious 2) because I want to learn how to make games.

1 Like

Hola, necesito codecademy es español
es posible?
gravias

2 Likes

Not at the moment, no. It still is codecademies intention to make the course in different languages. Somewhere in the future

Most documentation about programming is English, the English documentation is often more extensive and accurate then other languages (i experience this problem first hand, given English is not my native language, unfortunately)

2 Likes

I’m learning Python because, well, it seems easier to learn than every other language I’ve seen so far. Elegant syntax, very clean code, and it has a massive amount of online resources. There are also a ton of libraries out there that you can use.

Since Python is such a nice language, I’ve devoted a lot more time to learning it than other languages. I find its “type conversion” system awesome, its dictionaries are great data structures, and its module importing system is very easy to grasp.

2 Likes

Hello all. I’m learning python because it’s the new code, and I need to do something while under quarantine.

1 Like

Hi sir, Should I learn Python 2 or start with Python 3? It’s lockdown right now and I can’t avail the Python 3 Pro… so sad

One suggestion would be to open the documentation for Python 3, and also look for an article that compares it to Python 2 (What’s new in Python 3?). As you take in each exercise in the free Python 2 track, expect issues with user input (which we can get around with static values) but attempt to complete each exercise. Compare your code to what Python 3 changes might be needed to make it work in the new version. You can use a sandbox such as repl.it to create the Python 3 equivalent.

1 Like

Thanks sir. What will happen after I finished a python 2 coarse?

1 Like

If you have an environment where you can practice with the language then look for simple problems and devise ways to solve them. Don’t aim at anything big. Working through simple problems helps us develop problem solving skills based upon breaking down a problem and solving individual parts, each in turn.

See if you can write a Python 2 solution, then transform it to Python 3. It’s not that difficult if you have the documentation earlier mentioned. You can give yourself an introductory course in Python 3 just through this process.

Hello @mariembuenaventura55, just to add on to what @mtf said, if you wanted a compiler that has both Python 3 and Python 2, this is quite good: https://repl.it/languages. You just need to search for Python, and it gives you ‘Python’ (3) and also Python 2.7. This site:https: //paiza.io/en also gives the same functionality

Edit: Oops, sorry @mtf, I didn’t realise you has said it a few posts ago.

1 Like

Thank you sir. So it’s still ok to practice Python 2…

If you learnt Python 2, it would be a good idea to write code (in python 2) and try to re-write in Python 3. You should try to pick up Python 3, but if you need to use Python 2 to help you, that is fine.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Python would be my first programming language and It’s hard because I’m all over the place. I practicing Python 2 because I can’t access Python 3 Pro haha

1 Like

You can access Python 3 in a sandbox such as, repl.it. I suggest learning how to transpose Python 2 to Python 3 as you go through the lessons. You can access the documentation at docs.python.org and keep that open while you work.

1 Like