Why learn Python?

Question

Why should I learn Python? Are there any advantages to learning Python over other languages?

Answer

Python is a great language to learn, whether it’s your first time programming or not, for several reasons:

• It reads like plain English! This is something you can especially appreciate with a side-by-side. Take a look and, without worrying about what these code bits actually do, think about which is harder to read:
// Java
public class HelloWorld {  
  public static void main(String[] args) {  
    System.out.println("Hello, World!");  
  }  
}
# Python
print “Hello, World!”
  • It’s one of the most popular programming languages with a massive community. This means help is readily available when you’re stuck!

• It’s used in many fields and industries, like Web development, machine learning and AI, and data science, just to name a few. So once you learn the fundamentals, you can grow into the role of your choice!

FAQ: Learn Python - Python Syntax - Hello World!

Python is one of our most popular courses and is only getting more popular. We covered the rise of Python in our Codecademy blog, check it out to learn more about why Python is so popular.

Do you have any insights into why people should learn Python? Share them below!

Well said, but I would suggest this instead:

print("Hello, 世界!")

You cannot do that in Python 2.

Whether you want to go for Functional programming or OOPs, Shell scripting or interested in Web Development, Desktop related app or Network related the one best choice we have is python. Because of its modularity, it becomes popular.

This is true!

But of course it is possible, using encoding and decoding. I was forced to mess with that evil when I was writing a Chinese Shanghai weather bot for Twitter years ago.

Link (I found it!): https://twitter.com/shanghaihourly

OP:

I feel that Python has incredibly fast development times. I enjoy the fact that I can pop open notepad and have a decent script up and running for my work in minutes not hours.

One of the most useful languages with innumerable amounts of documentations.

@robmuh you are correct BUT
print “Hello, 世界!” works in py 2

From my experience, it has been Easier to learn the concepts within python 2
Then you can easily incorporate the functional syntax towards python 3
when you begin to understand the process of programming and the language.

Python is really great for learning base computer programming concepts. I at least know in my experience in my coding class it was the easiest one for everyone to really jump into and learn. Coming from a newbie it really made it easier to adjust. :+1::grinning:

Well this analogy about why leanr python with that example its not exacly true… for example you can use php and use echo ‘A’; instead of print(‘A’) or directly println, in other commands. But well ok learning python is fun.