Why is it that this lesson require single quotes/double quotes in order to pass the test?

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/create-a-back-end-app-with-javascript/tracks/bapi-javascript-objects-modules-and-browser-compatibility/modules/bapi-javascript-modules/lessons/modules/exercises/module-exports-ii

module.exports = {myAirplane: ‘CloudJet’,
displayAirplane: function() {
return this.myAirplane;
}
};

does not pass the test, but if I change ‘CloudJet’ into “CloudJet” (note the single quotes to double quotes) it passes fine. Similarly, for:

const Airplane = require("./2-airplane.js");

will not pass if you use double quotes for “./2-airplane.js”, but if you change it to ‘./2-airplane.js’ (note the single quotes), it passes fine. I was under the impression that there was no real difference between single and double quotes in JS, why are these tests failing if they are more or less the same? It’s also inconsistent. One test passes with double quotes and not single quotes, but the other passes with single quotes, but not double quotes.

This is just one of the many nuances we will encounter on our journey through the tracks. The author may have only written a single test cast using double quotes, and neglected to write a test case that uses single quotes.

It’s a small hurdle. Now that you know, forewarned is forearmed.

Why can’t it at least be consistent though? One test passes with single quotes, while another fails with single quotes (the very next step in fact!) It all just seems kind of confusing and would probably frustrate a lot of people.

That is something I wish there was an answer for. We’re only volunteers on this side and do not have any control over curriculum.

If the lesson has a Bug Report form submit it as an SCT issue and perhaps at some time in the future this concern will be addressed. Meanwhile, keep your eye on the goal and bear with a little uneven terrain.