White loops question

I have a simple question.

So if I am creating a while loop function and the function requires an 2 inputs (see below):

def my_simple_while_function(low,max):
    low = 0
    while low < max:
        print "We need more numbers becase low is only %d and we need it to equal %d in order to break this while loop" % (low, max)
        low = low + 1

Now if I call this function with say: my_simple_while_function(4,10) - 4 get’s set to zero because I set low = 0 - but thats because its the only way I know how to start storing to low vs. using the raw input (4).

How I can build function that takes lows input when I call the function without overriding it, but still able to add to it?

you can the pass the value for low as argument on function call, currently you overwrite the function parameter, which is a bad idea

parameters are regular variables

ok so I can manipulate low without using low = 0?

you can manipulate the value of the parameter within the function, this is a possibility. But currently you just overwrite the parameter/variable, which is a bad idea.

ok so I would change it to low = low if I wanted it to start with the original input when I call the function?

why would you do that?

I recommend you to do some research on function, function parameters, function calls and function arguments

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.