While Learn Python is OK (and no better!) Learn JavaScript is rubbish!

Has anyone actually completed “Learn JavaScript”?

Yep, completed them both. Why?

constructive criticism/feedback is always welcome. There are always things to improve. We can’t improve upon saying something is rubbish

Because in “Kelvin weather” you say “We will not change the value saved to kelvin. Choose the variable type with this in mind.” (i.e. Const)

But later on you have – “ const kelvin = prompt ‘What is the Kelvin temperature today?’

In other words lets change the value of kelvin (which we just said we wouldn’t!)

Now, in whichever language you choose, this is nonsense!

I don’t know all the exercises from the top of my head, that would be impossible. Can you share the exercise url?

no, what this means is that once you declared the value:

const kelvin = prompt('What is the Kelvin temperature today?');

is that we can’t re-assign it later in the same program:

// attempting to re-assign, which i will do below
// will result in an error
kelvin = "new value"

this can’t be, given the variable is constant so it can’t be changed/re-assigned.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript-introduction/projects/kelvin-weather?course_redirect=introduction-to-javascript

I Think/Hope this has it all!

its like i thought, const means the variable can be re-assigned like i showed earlier:

// attempting to re-assign, which i will do below
// will result in an error
kelvin = "new value"

of course you can change the line of code to make the program better, that are very different things

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.