Which python tutorial is it? Python 2 or Python 3?

Which python tutorial is it? Python 2 or Python 3?

import sys
print(sys.version)

I did not begin tutorial yet. I am interested which version of Python is used in this tutorial.

What is the problem to open the first lesson and run this code to find the python version?

I did not know it was possible. I am new to Python. Thank you :slight_smile:
So it is version 2 :frowning:

of course that is possible, why wouldn’t it be?

Does it matter that its python2? Its python, learning about the differences between 2 and 3 is easy enough, they are still the same language, many of the concepts are still the same

As you rightly said, Python 2 and 3 are very similar, the majority of things that you do in these tutorials will work exactly the same in 3. I’m using 3.6.3 myself as it’s the most recent, so makes most sense. The only thing that tripped me up is the raw_input() syntax, in the tutorials, if you want the user to enter some input you would use raw_input() which is fine, if you’re using 2, I just wanted to make new users aware that the syntax in python 3 is input(), it works exactly the same way as raw_input() does with python 2. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.