Which language is best for dropdown Q&A mobile list?

My wife made the comment how she wishes there was a certain mobile app to help with her job. So, I decided I would learn how to gift her this app. I’ve danced around a few different modules in Codecademy trying to find the most direct path but still am unsure. Hopefully you more experienced hands can point me in the right direction to cut down on the confusion.

I’ve got an HTML mockup started just help me get an idea of what it would look like. But that’s as far as I can seem to get.

In my mind it should be fairly straightforward; static questions in a dropdown form which autofills as you type with static answers after the question is submitted. Possibly a reverse search could be added. It would be in the line of something like saying “I am fishing for… [bass, catfish, crappie, trout, etc]” and it returns the proper tool needed for the job, or in this case, lure/bait.
A reverse search would enter the lure/bait and return the type fish it would be best for.

As per my HTML mock, all I can get started is the ‘fish’ list, which I created after doing the Codecademy “Forms” module. I’m not sure how to get it to return the ‘bait’ list.

If it matters as per this particular question, she just made the switch to iPhone, which I understand is ‘swift.’ (As a truck driver something being ‘swift’ has its own set of jokes.) Of course, everyone else in the house is Android. Not really sure how big a deal that makes because if she wanted to share the app it would probably need to be usable on both platforms.

Thanks in advance for your replies and direction. :cowboy_hat_face: :call_me_hand:

hey newbydood

My wife made the comment how she wishes there was a certain mobile app to help with her job.

Probably there is.

However I can see how you would like to make it yourself. If you just need to create a web application you can go with the combo html+css+javascript, however when dealing with forms I have done it in PHP. If you want your web application to be “downloadable” you can learn about PWA (Progressive Web Apps). I know that simpler PWAs are also supported on iOS devices, so you could make it work for everyone.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

1 Like

Appreciate your reply. I have been working on SQL. I hadn’t even looked at PHP or PWA yet. Now I have something else to hopefully get me to where I wanna go then start focusing on my real interest, cybersecurity. :smiley:
Thank you!

1 Like