Which computer program should I use for Windows?

I know plenty of html and css from Codecademy, but where am I supposed to actually start building websites for all to see? I was thinking maybe Sublime Text would be good, but that’s the only good text editor I really know of for Windows(8). Do you guys recommend any convenient computer programs for Windows? I intend on moving forward through Python and Ruby and implementing them later.
Thanks for any appreciated help.

Hey Amir,

Take a look at Brackets - I prefer it over Sublime Text, and it’s free :slight_smile:

I’ve actually written a tutorial on this! See here:

I’m happy to help more, but if you could be a bit more specific as to what you want, that’d be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

What we do offer, however, are final projects as part of Pro. These teach you how to build apps from scratch. You can use the apps you create as a portfolio – whether by hosting them on github (a key resource for developers and a great place to collect or portfolio before looking for a job – or on your own portfolio site. (The final project for the HTML & CSS course teaches you how to build such a portfolio site.)

Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you, and Happy Learning!
@AlexCommunityMgr
-Codecademy Community Manager

2 Likes