Where should I start my website?

I read a book that said I should use Textedit, but what about CSS and J avascript? I need a good webhost and a good place to practice my own code.

What’s your O/S?
There are a bunch of free text editors. Lots of ppl swear by Visual Studio. I’ve used it along w/ Textedit, Notepad ++, textwrangler (defunct) which is now BBEdit. I guess it depends on personal preference too. Everyone will have a different answer. :slight_smile:
Here’s an example of some free ones with pro-cons:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-text-editors-4155819

As far as webhosts…I’m not sure. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that. I’ve used Bluehost and it’s fine for what I need (I also have WP), though, their billing and customer service is not my favorite…

My code editor of choice is Visual Studio Code.

For “practice”, if you’re developing with just HTML/CSS/JavaScript then you can run everything locally from your computer by simply opening the page in your browser. (There may be some functionality differences, but nothing too severe as far as I know.)

2 Likes

Thanks! You guys have been really helpful, i am so glad I found forums! :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes