Where is line 4?

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

```

System.out.println(“Gilberto”);

<do not remove the three backticks above>

Hi if you need help you should post your code…

System.out.println(“Gilberto”);

are doing the JavaScript or the Java course? If it’s java it should works … but if it’s not you should use console.log()

console.log("Here put your name");
2 Likes

It says ‘Write your name on line 4

I don’t know where line 4 is. Nothing responds to whatever I do.

are doing the JavaScript or the Java course?

It’s definitely Java course.

1 Like

yeah you right java course has a problem now its doing the same to me… try to refresh the page again

2 Likes

When you are looking at the screen you will see numbers ascending in numeric order going from 1 to what ever. You will seem them appear every time you hit enter. Line 4 is 4 lines down starting from 1. Thats where you place you code.

1 Like

That is also true… Some courses are buggy.

2 Likes

Also if that what Wizmarco said doesn’t work try using a different browser like Mozilla Fire fox or Google Chrome. I’m not sure about Mac users.

2 Likes

Could you tell me which section of the Java course this is as I would like to move this topic to its correct category(its currently under javascript)

Or you can move it by clicking the pencil icon

1 Like

It’s the very first part in Java. Like the very first course 1. What’s your name?

1 Like

This is Unit 1:Introduction to Java. Very first lesson. It asks you to write your name on line 4.

1 Like

HEre the link
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-java/lessons/introduction-to-java/exercises/whats-your-name?action=lesson_resume#
When he aske about it …even to it woudn’t work but now it works

2 Likes

Thank you very much guys. Seems to be working now:smiley:

And I moved topic to its category - Intro to Java.

2 Likes

Seeing the same issue here. Appears that the Code Editor isn’t functioning/can’t interact with it regardless of the browser or computer I use. Help would be appreciated. TYIA.

Looks like when I go through the “Start” link the code editor works however if I go through the module link it will not.