Where do i go to practice the things i've learned in Javascript?

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

```

Replace this line with your code.

<do not remove the three backticks above>

Hey @angusfive :smiley:
There are many places where you can practice your JavaScript skills outside of Codecademy.com
Here’s a list of resources

– Free JavaScript Editor –
http://www.yaldex.com/Free_JavaScript_Editor.htm

– Aptana Studio 3 –
http://www.aptana.com/products/studio3/download

– Komodo Edit (not free for pro IDE) –

Good luck!!! :sunny:

The next step is to challenge yourself and write code…lots of it. There are several online websites that provide challenges and/or projects for you to build.

Here’s a list of a few that you can check out:

Codecademy Pro
You can upgrade your account to a Pro account and get access to quizzes and projects. Those projects will help you to learn more as you are actually building code. And you get access to Advisors too.

Codecademy Pro Intensive

If you want something more intensive, check out the Build Websites from Scratch program. New cohorts open up every few weeks.

coderbyte

If you want to challenge yourself, check out coderbyte. You can pick different challenge levels from Easy to Hard.

codewars
Fun. Check out codewars to challenge yourself while you learn more about the language.

Contribute to open source projects
A great way to learn is to immerse yourself into an open source project. You get to work inside of a community and team., while building a real project that the community uses.

That can scary. I get it. But here’s a list of open source projects that are perfect for beginners.

Wrap

There are a lot of online resources where you can find projects and challenges. The key is to keep building.

Cheers :slight_smile:

If you are looking for tools for your workflow, here’s a list too:

• Atom - free editor from Google. It has an excellent interface and is easy to use.
  • CodePen - free front-end developers/designers playground to practice, showcase, test, and find cool stuff. My buddy, Chris Coyier, has built an amazing tool for all of us. Check it out.
  • JSFiddle.net - free online playground and testing environment

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.