What's your personality type? Weekly Poll #1

poll

I don't know why this interests me so much, but I've been contemplating it for a while. Has anybody taken the Jung Typology Test?
Here is a link to it.
I just wanted to see if programmers are predisposed to have certain personality traits. I guess this is a sort of psychology/statistic question, but I'm just really interested. Personally, I'm INFJ. Anyways, I'd also like to read any comments that anybody has. Thanks for reading!

• ENFJ
  • ENFP
  • ENTJ
  • ENTP
  • ESFJ
  • ESFP
  • ESTJ
  • ESTP
  • INFJ
  • INFP
  • INTJ
  • INTP
  • ISFJ
  • ISFP
  • ISTJ
  • ISTP

0voters

[POLL] Weekly Polls

Oh yes, this test xD I've taken this a few years back and took it again recently. I stayed the same as INTJ but sometimes, people get different results overtime.I'm interested to know as well!
I used this link to find out more about my personality trait :slight_smile: I think it may help you find out more about INFJ!

This is true, I've taken it three times over the past year and a half. The first time I was ENFJ, the second time, I had no preference over INFJ/ENFJ, and the last time I was I had a 53% preference of introversion over extroversion.
I'm just interested to see people breaking stereotypes. Additionally, I know that Feeling over Thinking and some of my other traits don't sound very much like programmer traits due to them being against logic, so I wondered if I was just weird. :)))

Love this idea for a post :smiley:

Yay, I'm glad! I really absolutely love statistics and psychology as well so I'm just combining my three favorite things. One of the biggest things is that everybody believes programmers are all introverts so this was something that spoke to that as well.
People rant against stereotypes all the time, and this is a really accurate test, so I just thought it would be informational to learn all the kinds of programmers out there. :slight_smile: Thanks for the support.

It's a great idea, perhaps we could start a weekly poll, to learn more about us all in general. And we could create a pinned post linked to all the previous poll. Depends on if you have any more questions to ask :smiley:

This is the first time I took the test, and it might change and all. My results were ENTJ. It was an interesting test to take :slight_smile:

@iknights I'm so glad you took the time to take the test! Do you feel like your results were accurate?
@alexcraig again, thanks for the support, I'd love to do a weekly poll! I have questions about everything, honestly. I just am really curious about human habits and I like to know about statistics involving them. I think the weekly poll idea is a good one, I basically have a list of questions.

@kyleaw I actually really do think they were accurate. I find statistics and human psychology very interesting. I think I'm going to have a bunch of my friends/family take the test just out of curiosity. Thanks for putting it out there! :+1:

That's great, I'd be happy to help pin things and arrange a list of all the poll posts we end up having. Also love that you're trying to start challenges again. We used to have weekly challenges perhaps these could start to be published again so we have two weekly posts.

Here are my results.
I clearly like to think about things over what I feel about them.

What the heck? My results are 100% equal to your ones... Scary

ENTP
Extravert(6%) iNtuitive(27%) Thinking(11%) Perceiving(25%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (6%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (27%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (11%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (25%)

Hmm probably actually shows your results instead of mine. Woops.

It's possible that we just got exactly the same results.

My actual results are:
ESTJ
Extravert(1%)
Sensing(19%)
Thinking(75%)
Judging(9%).

75% of thinking? Nice.

Yeah no feeling for me. Haha.

Thanks for making the new topic with the polls linked, I like the idea of everybody being able to ask questions.

I really love the challenges, but they die out quickly so I like the idea of having a weekly challenge. I don't have many ideas about what it could involve, but I would like this to be a thing.