What websites would be good for learning Java to program mods for Minecraft?

I realized that after i started the course… so I was like yolo. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Codecademy Java course

6 Likes

Ik. I found it earlier, like 2016 early December time

1 Like

People, this is a forum. Keep it serious. If you want to talk to each other, send each other private messages

2 Likes

I didn’t think you could do that here.

1 Like

I looked into Minecraft… If I were wanting to mod the mobile version I need to learn C++ but the PC is Java

2 Likes

A-hem.

3 Likes

While that is a possibility… Apps such as the mobile version are generally not open to the public for modification. In addition, you would need to learn Objective-C (likely what it is written in), or Apple’s new Swift, in order to do such a thing. C++ is more times than not used for computer based programs, rather than mobile apps.

3 Likes

I found an app that allows me to make mods for the mobile version and import them into the app

2 Likes

I doubt it is sanctioned by the app developers. :wink:

3 Likes

The minecraft pocket edition developers or the mod creator app?

however the two languages are similar, or at least as I remember Java?

The developers of mine craft.

3 Likes

Similar topic.

1 Like

Not exactly sure how…

Okay that’s all I wanted to know

1 Like

How what?

However Minecraft is a player-based game, the only thing they keep somewhat secret is the main source-code

1 Like

As a measure of safety and to protect from copyright infringements by children that get into it too easily :wink:

From the Mojang website;

By “Mods,” we mean something original that you or someone else created that doesn’t contain a substantial part of our copyrightable code or content.

So you can’t really use Minecraft’s source code specifically there, or too much at least, so I guess it’s to protect against this :smile:

3 Likes

That’s what I meant by they won’t release the source code, and they if do then, they might not want people to make fake minecraft versions with what they want instead of the playerbase, like releasing versions of minecraft to everyone with what that specific player wants in the game

1 Like