What websites would be good for learning Java to program mods for Minecraft?

Please recommend stuff like websites for learning Java for those types of mods.

Learn Java first? you need a basic understanding of the programming language

Looking at your forum activity, you have doing Javascript, you do realize this is not the same as java?

I like this guy.

I would recommend finding a course in c++. That is used very frequently in games.

However, as Minecraft is written almost exclusively in Java, it would be necessary for him to learn Java, not C++ :slight_smile:

I realized that after i started the course.... so I was like yolo. :sweat_smile:

Codecademy Java course

Ik. I found it earlier, like 2016 early December time

People, this is a forum. Keep it serious. If you want to talk to each other, send each other private messages

I didn't think you could do that here.

I looked into Minecraft... If I were wanting to mod the mobile version I need to learn C++ but the PC is Java

While that is a possibility... Apps such as the mobile version are generally not open to the public for modification. In addition, you would need to learn Objective-C (likely what it is written in), or Apple's new Swift, in order to do such a thing. C++ is more times than not used for computer based programs, rather than mobile apps.

I found an app that allows me to make mods for the mobile version and import them into the app

I doubt it is sanctioned by the app developers. :wink:

The minecraft pocket edition developers or the mod creator app?

however the two languages are similar, or at least as I remember Java?

The developers of mine craft.

Similar topic.

Not exactly sure how...

Okay that's all I wanted to know