What was your win this week?

And we’re back! :partying_face:
Granted, it’s only the first week of 2021…but, did you have any wins— big or small, coding-related or not so far?

• Did you start a new course or path?
  • Did you begin coding a little bit every day?
  • Did you help someone else by reviewing their code or explain something to them?

Excited to hear about everyone’s wins!

4 Likes

Coding: I continued my daily streak (yay) and reached the NLP part of the DS Path. Then I realized that the Python 3 course wasn’t completed, so I went back to that to finish up some items. ::woman_technologist: For me, NLP is a bit of a learning curve!

Non-coding: I finished crocheting another scarf and finally finished up a small blanket that I’d set aside for awhile. (whew!)…and then started some new projects.
::yarn:

6 Likes

Been busy lately so I’ve slacked off on coding, and have to get back into a regular schedule, but have had a couple wins elsewhere.

• I registered for a BJJ competition in Houstin, so going to be training for that over the next couple weeks.
  • Biggest surprise and joy of the week, was to welcome this sweet little critter into our herd:

Our newest goat, Epiphany.
9 Likes

We got verified on the Discord Codecademy Community!! Something that has been almost a year and a half in the making!

6 Likes

Ugh, it’s been such a great week :star_struck:

At the end of 2020, I set a goal of taking more seriously learning here. And thank God, everything’s going great.

I started the Analyze Data with SQL skill path from where I left it, and I’ve been taking notes during the process. I’ve also tried to not keep ANY doubt to myself, so I don’t try to keep building new knowledge on top of shaky knowledge.

I’ve been enjoying school a lot too. It’s just been an amazing, productive start of the year. I truly thank God for that :heartpulse:

OH! And my little sister joined Codecademy this week too :partying_face:
I am so excited to see everything she will learn, and to start coding with her :star_struck:

8 Likes

Hi sis this is a good thing :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my sister :laughing:

This weeks WIN has been coding for 5 days straight. I’m learning iOS Development along with the Full Stack Engineer Career Path I’m taking and learning the language hasn’t been as challenging as I thought it would be.

Hopefully everyone else is getting WINS!

I’m here to help.

5 Likes

Coding: I have made a lot more progress in the HTML course.
Non-coding: I got the best score out of my instrument section in band. (I usually don’t do so well in those tests :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I am now a Chapter Leader and am working on trying to get members. It is Ft Worth - CyberStores if anyone is interested in joining! First meet up is Feb 8th at 6 pm central. I would love to inspire and learn with this community!

2 Likes