What was your win this week?

It’s that time again!
What was your win for the week? It can be coding related or not!

• Did you help someone else?
  • Did you finish a project, share it here & solicit feedback?
  • Did you set a personal goal and achieve it and set another goal?

Excited to hear about everyone’s wins! :partying_face: :dancer:t2:

I finished some newly added python projects, looped back through loops (ha, ha) and continued with my coding streak. Day 139, yea!

Non-coding related: my parents love the scarves that I crocheted for them and I’m about to go make some baked apple crisp because I have 4lbs of Honeycrisp apples. :joy: :apple: :apple: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :scarf:

5 Likes

This is going to sound really lame, but…

Once again coding related! Since replacing the terrible Bootstrap-based holding page on my domain (and enjoying my much quieter inbox, with security notifications being few and far between for my own code) I’ve continued tinkering with the page.

Managed, with a bit of wrangling, to get some Bootstrap-like bits and pieces working from a “first principles” approach… so I’ve finally got some working modals going. Not a huge achievement, but I’m quite happy I’ve not yet had to resort to a framework for the page (and if I did, it wouldn’t be Bootstrap!).

6 Likes

Coding related: I got a friend that just finished a bootcamp and she’s willing to share the roadmap and some of the better bits of the experience with me! (for free yay) So I’m excited to keep adding things to my toolbox.

Not coding related: I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and I’m REALLY excited for it. I tried the demo yesterday and it’s going to be awesome

4 Likes

Coding Related: Finished the old Science Path capstone project which I had been postponing, but I still want to work with the available data.

Not: My biggest 3D Modeling project yet got some awesome responses. Really excited about it all. Made some awesome vegan cookies, really chocolaty and chewy. Received some awesome clips from friends of my mom for her 60th birthday video and have been editing it, had to pat myself.

5 Likes

Coding related: Got a shoutout in the Codecademy community newsletter. Was not expecting that, and it felt nice!

Not coding related: My friend who recently got into Twitch streaming asked me to design an overlay for him, and he loved it!

3 Likes

My win this week was staying on target with my 30 day goal through Codecademy to login at least once a day to complete at least one lesson. Since signing up for the Pro membership 4 days ago, I’ve logged on each of these 4 days with no plans of stopping.

Even with a lot happening in the world right now, I’ve made my learning journey my top priority as I work to gain new skills and self-improve. :grin:. Currently working on the skill track to create web applications with Python with plans soon after to begin the Data Science career path. :snake:

2 Likes