What was your win this week?

What was your win for the week? It can be coding related or not! :cowboy_hat_face:

• Did you finish a module or start a new one?
  • Did you debug some code?
  • Did you help someone else understand something? (one to teach, two to learn)

Excited to hear about everyone’s wins! :man_dancing:t2: :dancer:t2:

3 Likes

Even though I’m on the DS path and have finished some python modules, I realized that there were some parts of the Python 3 course that weren’t completed, so, I’m finishing up those and solidifying my knowledge of python.
I have a 118 day streak. Yay. :panda_face:

5 Likes

After three weeks of strugling with liquid, finally finished (99.7%) customizing the theme for this shopify store!

www.earthandpeopleshop.com

password:mahita

feedback welcomed!

Also, that was an awesome Python Tuesday class!

6 Likes

This week I finally started giving my bedroom a makeover :star_struck:

Also decided to enjoy doing the school coding project (that I haven’t finished), even if it’s not exactly what I would like to be doing. Hard work is always easier when you have a smile on your face :wink:

(also I lost my 25 day streak. yay.)

5 Likes

Code related: I got started participating in Hacktoberfest 2020 (this thread: computer Hacktoberfest 2020 (by DigitalOcean) [ONGOING]) and as of today, I got 8 PRs to my name! Stocked that I might actually get the Hacktoberfest t-shirt this year for the first time :fire:

Not code related: Today we are having our NYC codecademy chapter kickoff event and I’m SUPER PUMPED. I always get excited when I get to meet new people and I think this is going to be one of the highlights of my week for sure :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Code related
I finally made a breakthrough in my project! I figured out how to make a user be able to write directly to a database, and the best part is? THEY DON’T EVEN NEED TO KNOW SQL. So yay! However, DB Browser is a fickle mistress, cuz it keeps locking my database if more than 1 connection is open. (Don’t worry, I fixed that too)
Not code related
I GOT ROLLERBLADES YAY. They are literally so fun to use and it’s a great way to stay active as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Code related

Not code related

11 Likes
  1. Finally solidified my goals in what it I want to do regarding coding
  2. Medievil is available on PS Now, super fun, Halloween themed game from back in the day
4 Likes