What was your win this week?

What was your win for the week? It can be coding related or not!

• Did you make/build something with concepts that you recently learned?
  • Did you clean off your desk or get your inbox to zero? (haha)
  • Did you help someone?

Excited to hear about everyone’s wins! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I continued my streak and am at 55 days. I’m also now 65% through the DS path.

Non-coding related: I finally made some cookies (chocolate chip). I haven’t felt like baking lately plus it’s been really hot/humid here in NYC. I realize now rather than just melting the butter I should brown it next time. I had some gluten-free flour too and used that. I am not sure I’m a fan of it. It tastes odd to me. Though the cookies did taste better the next day after being in the fridge. :cookie: :woman_cook:t2:

16 Likes

I finished a Coding Project I had been working on for many weeks, and thank God it was a success :star_struck:

Now I can shift my focus back to Android Development…but since it’s been a while since I last got my hands on Android, I’m now taking the Android Development path here on CC to refresh my knowledge.

Also tomorrow I’m finally going to start watching the third season of a Netflix show I love (Sugar Rush) :yum:

11 Likes

I coded from 9 pm - 1 am every night this week! I’m currently going through the Web Development career path. I just finished the JavaScript functions section and the challenge project. The FAQ forum threads attached to the lessons and code challenges are always super enlightening. :sparkles: I feel more confident with logical expressions now than I did at the beginning of the week. It’s helpful to reflect on the week. Thank you.

9 Likes

:partying_face:

Agreed! I think it’s helpful to pause and reflect on what one has accomplished and learned. It makes you appreciate how much you’ve learned and how far you’ve come.

5 Likes

Congrats on your 55 day mark! :zap::zap:I’m currently on a 61 day coding streak and it feels really great! I code from about 6:00am-7:00am every day and a little more than that on the weekends.

Non-coding related: I tried to bake my kids some sugar cookies and they taste and feel just like over-cooked pancakes! :grimacing:

7 Likes

Ich reached (my personal goal ) of a 101 days streak. Within this streak I finished the Web Development path and started the Data Science Path. And since I’m always a bit overambitious, I also have a 101 day streak at Duolingo (learning Spanish). Es una buena semana para mí.

13 Likes

All over the shop this week. I guess the big win would be getting ALARM sorted on my Pi. There are still some niggles with the cursor (based on the video driver so far as I can tell) but otherwise it’s performing remarkably well, even with an add-on laden browser. Aiming to get back to the cc paths for the rest of the week I think (hopefully with dramatically reduced energy consumption too :wink:). Sadly the local supermarket no longer has a discount on fancy mushrooms so this week’s cooking has been very dull. Perhaps something sweet would do the job but it’s been hot and humid here too so it’d have to be refreshing rather than rich (what am I saying, rich heavy puddings are the best; bring on the sticky toffee!).

4 Likes

i made potato soup that was rlly delicious and good

4 Likes

Hi, I start to learn SQL, jejejeje. Happy for that.

3 Likes

My accomplishment is extending my streak to 55days in a row.

And getting to 70% in the web development course.

I know I’ll get to the end hopefully.

I believe. :raised_hands:

9 Likes

i am started to learn python just want to automate my some easy task. :wink:

4 Likes

coding related: i’ve reached 42 on my streak, and i’ve completed the basics of python (including recursion!) i’m currently halfway through the build chatbots with python skill course

other stuff: made a bunch of cinnamon rolls and finished reading a book!

10 Likes