What was your win this week?

Hello! I hope everyone had a good week(?)
What was your win for the week? It can be coding related or not!

• Did you build something?
  • Did you hit a PR when running or cycling?
  • Did you help someone?

Excited to read about everyone’s win! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I have a 48 day coding streak and I’m 59% through the DS path now.

Non-code related: I’m almost finished with the small blanket I’ve been working on crocheting. I’m on the 3rd and last color. I’ve got 3 WIP going now. :yarn:

2 Likes

Big win for me was actually just a start! I signed up for the NYC Marathon this year :+1:

4 Likes

Do you get complementary Roadrunner cable access?

1 Like

They have a tier called “run for the medal” that costs $50 and gives finishers a medal and a tshirt. They also have a “run for the love of running” that is free but still lets you participate in the global event!

1 Like

That’s cool! I am glad they’re doing that b/c I know ppl train and really look forward to that race every year.
I run but am not a member of RR. I don’t think I can run 26.2 hah.
Des Linden is my hero.

1 Like

weeeeell, technically you don’t have to “run” ? :laughing: Considering average walking speed is around 3 mph, you could do a marathon distance in about 9 hours of walking? Just saying!

2 Likes

:rofl: Well, I can definitely run faster than that.

imngine walking a 3 mph for 9 HOURs and thats not even count if you are hydrated well fed or have the energy

Hey guys,

I managed to solve the “Number guesser” Js challenge… by re-doing all the code from scratch in VScode and running it in my browser.

Knew nothing about text editors, browsers, HTML and css so had to figure it out by myself. Took me like 20 hours but it was extremely satisfying.

This encourages me to keep going.

10 Likes