What was the <nav> lesson about?

I completed my lesson but I’m still not sure what it does. After I correctly placed the tags where they belonged it did not seem to do anything.

The tag used to indicate that all the things inside of it is a block of links (a menu/ navigation bar).

<nav> Is great for linking people to a specific part of your website if you have anchored <a> it with an ID. Instead of a person scrolling to find a section on a webpage they can use <nav> to link them to a section instantly.

But I still don’t understand what the does. The looks like just a place holder to me. Does it do anything? I have to read more about it.

It is to make your code more readable and understandable. When someone comes in after you to edit your code, they will know exactly what to expect in between the and in your html and css. You’re right, it’s basically just a placeholder.

Blockquote It is to make your code more readable and understandable. When someone comes in after you to edit your code, they will know exactly what to expect in between the and in your html and css. You’re right, it’s basically just a placeholder.

Thanks! I thought so.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.