What was the main reason of using Python for this course

What was the main reason of using Python for this course “Code Foundations”, rather than JS just like in the course “Learn How to Code” ?

5 Likes

Hello, and welcome to Codecademy!

I didn’t create it, but I can guess that they want to give you different languages for the basics so you start with a wider range.

7 Likes

I think the Code Foundation Course mainly aims to teach you basic programming concepts without having to think too much about syntax.
Python is one of the easiest to read languages and that helps a lot if you are new to coding and have yet to learn, how a program works (or how your computer will understand what you type in your editor). Additionally it is trending in programming language top lists for its - again -simplicity and versatility.

11 Likes

I haven’t done that particular course, though I will do shortly just to see what I’m talking about, but I imagine that @barelyhere has probably hit the nail on the head.

Python is a remarkably straightforward language to read and create code with, so I’d say it’s ideally placed for getting people to understand the foundational concepts of programming. (Remember BASIC? Python has usurped its place.)

9 Likes

Hello Ekin! This post has a lot of reasons you should learn Python, and then could also encourage Codecademy to use it.

5 Likes

There is no post or anything exempt your words.

3 Likes

Oops. I’ll fix by adding the link.

2 Likes