What time of day will the pro subscription be charged after the 7 day trial? Midnight? 8 am?

And will it be Eastern time, Central, or Pacific? Thank you.

Hi there @method8454101393,

Thanks for posting, but we can’t help with billing on the forums. You can ask questions with a ticket: https://help.codecademy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Well by then (when I get an answer tomorrow) it will probably already be AFTER I am billed, hence needing immediate support. I was hoping I could get help from members who can look up the time THEY were charged. If I only have the trial until midnight, then I will have to cancel before tonight. That’s what I am trying to find out. Thanks.

Nevermind, I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to find the answer myself via google, and after a lot of reading finally found the answer here (posting this link in case other people like me want to know this answer in the future):
Under the Part D “Free Trials”:
https://www.codecademy.com/terms?utm_campaign=camp~pro_trial_onboarding&utm_content=email_1_gen_monthly&utm_source=iterable&utm_medium=email

“… If you wish to avoid charges to the payment information that you have on file, you must cancel your subscription prior to the end of the seven (7) day period beginning at the time that you began your free trial.”

Wish this was a bit easier to find out, but alas the next person will now be able to search the forum or google as long as you keep my post :slight_smile:

It’s the same with any free trial. If it’s for a month, one should be notifying them a week earlier that we will not be continuing this subscribtion, else expect to be billed. Once the bill has gone out, we’re on the hook as far as collections is concerned. Be wary of MOOCs that get one to use credit for the purpose of enrollment. At least CC doesn’t do that, as far as I know.

The seven day thing is pretty questionable. If you don’t want to be on the hook for a subscription payment, challenge this time duration. How is it possible to guarantee that a user can be unsubscribed in so limited a time period?

Use of the platform from this point forward negates any argument you have, so you know.