What should I do to improve my coding skills? I'm a final year software engineering student. I’ve done several small software projects over 3 years. I learned basic C++, C#, PHP, Java and Swift, but my programming skills are pretty bad

What should I do to improve my coding skills? I’m a final year software engineering student. I’ve done several small software projects over 3 years. I learned basic C++, C#, PHP, Java and Swift, but my programming skills are pretty bad.

It really depends on what you want to do with them and also where you want to work. Improving your java or swift is inherently very different than improving your C++ skills. (even if there is a lot of overlap here and there)

Very loosely:
C++ is more for performance-critical and requires a good understanding both of the language and comp organization. Java/swift are used a lot in mobile development (although java is certainly used a lot in other environments as well). PHP would be more for web-development, but specifically aiming at an older market. It would be practical to pick up Javascript instead if web-development is your interest.

If you narrow down your field, then you can pick an appropriate language(s) and see what the more reasonable ways are to study it.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you so much to all of you for your answers

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.