What music do you listen to when you code?

I’m jamming out to Pat Metheny.

I always listen to jazz.

3 Likes

I listen to a mix of old timey music, jazz, and modern pop. Some lofi as well. :slight_smile:

I usually listen to movie scores :upside_down_face:

This one in particular helps me focus A LOT, probably because I feel like I’m doing something really important :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I listen mostly to country and Christian, though I also like music by Thomas Bergerson and Lindsey Sterling.

Welcome to the forums @burnedfaceless!! :grinning:

1 Like

I, too usually have my local Jazz station, WBGO on (quietly) in the background or one of the several jazz channels on google music (read: McCoy Tyner, John Coltrane, Ray Bryant, Monk, Harold Mabern, Horace Silver, etc.)
Silence is also good too.

Nice! You have good tastes in jazz.

Just discovered this yesterday. Didn’t know Jazz/Bossa covers of Studio Ghibli songs was a thing.

2 Likes

I’ve had mixed successes with background music whilst trying to concentrate.

I either tend to go for some chilled house music, or some specific artists/albums that I’ve found to be good at “background”.

A good example of the kind of music I mean is this:

2 Likes

I mainly listen to Powfu, Beababoodoo, Ed Sheeran, and sometimes Avicii (out of both tribute and respect).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qap5aO4i9A Amazing relaxing beats by ChilledCow

Been listening to playlists on youtube. Lately it’s been some Black Sabbath and Dio playlists. But currently listening to an 80’s sing along playlist.

But if something’s really concept heavy, and can’t handle words in the background my go-to’s are:
FFXIV - Papaya (on repeat)
or
Tenchi Muyo OST

2 Likes

The Social Network soundtrack, baby!

blacklite district its gooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddd

Depends on the mood.

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tiny+desk+concert

Spotify
Punk Essentials
Heavy Queens
90s Acoustic
The Phantom of the Opera
00s Rock Anthems
This is: Pavarotti
Classic Essentials
Bethoven
Peaceful Piano
Foo Fighters
Nirvana

Or I can just turn my amp on and practice the bass. My neighbors love me (that was sarcasm)

4 Likes

I can barely do either of these simultaneously. That sounds like witchcraft hahaha :smile: but when I do it’s usually hip hop instrumentals or nature sounds that I listen to while I code.