What is the problem with for loop?

I tried with everything ? not even using the browser for a day. still the same issue.
I know my syntax is right. how do i get past the for loop. I don't want to stuck on the loop.

What issue? Can you paste your code there using this format and tell us the error your receiving. Thankyou

code looks fine to me. when its being excuted, it goes to infinite loop and have to restart the tab.
Help me out pls

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Solo For Loop!</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>
      <?php
      // Write your for loop below!
      for ($i = 0; $i < 101; $i = $i + 10) {
    echo $i;
}
      ?>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

<?php
echo $i;
}
?>

I copy pasted your code nd it gave me no problem what so ever. No infinite loop.. May i ask which browser do you use? (Google Chrome is the better browser for codecademy) and if thats not the case can you try refreshing? Thakyou

i am using chrome. I finished all the other chapter but when i use for loop it use infinte loop. no matter what i do its become unsolve.

Well ill ask the codecademy moderators/managers for help... This seems like a issue i cant solve(sorry :frowning: ) . @CodecademyModerators

I am having the same issue.I donot seem to go past the for loop level for like 3 straight days.Its frustrating

Had the same issue here as well, although when I copied and pasted the code from above it worked, even though there was literally no difference between it and what I had typed before? I've been having issues all week with this lesson, I keep having to refresh the page to get it to work again. I thought it was my internet connection, but now I'm not so sure...

I'm having the same issue as well, says an infinite loop then that I have a syntax error on line 9 when I don't. Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ';' on line 9. Also I'm using chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 m, The error seems to come when I type the code. But when I take my same code and copy paste it in after a browser refresh it works. I'm guessing when you type it in since the editor is constantly evaluating it theres a point where you write an infinite loop (before you add the last argument of the for loop) and I think the editor is getting hung up there even after you finish completing the code. But thats just my newbie guess.

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Solo For Loop!</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>
      <?php
        for ($i = 0; $i <= 100; $i = $i + 10) {
                echo $i;
            }
      ?>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

<?php
**** echo $i;
}
?>

I think the mistake is in the indenting being used . I have put the stars to just indicate the indenting.

You don't have to do that.
To format your code to make it visible:
1. Paste your code in.
2. Insert 3 backticks (`) before and after your code:

```
Code goes here
```

The problem still persists on the FOR LOOP.

Does not work on both Firefox and Chrome

I got it by copying the example on the left and editing it.
Hope that helps

I got it to finally work by removing the spaces around the '+' in the 3rd part of the loop. Example:

Does not work:

echo $i;
}

Works:

for ($i = 0; $i < 101; $i = $i+10) {
echo $i;
}

it only works with "$i" for some reason...

Here is my code

<?php
for ($i = 0; $i <= 101; $i = $i + 10) {
echo $i;
}
?>

Working Fix:

1.Clear browser cookies.
2.Change <?php to <?ph or something so that the processor doesn't run.
3.Type the code you want to type and make sure there is no infinite loop.
4.Change <?ph or whatever you changed it to, back to <?php

Just refresh the page and try again. It worked for me.

This problem still persists. I'm guessing a bug in the website or something..

I finally got this to work. Pasted each example in the above comments with no luck. Cleared cookies then pasted example. Now it works.

Having the exact same problem - I have written the code and checked the example and it matches perfectly but it either tells me I have an infinite loop (looking at the above, I don't) or it just fails to submit and sits there validating indefinitely. I've tried clearing cache and cookies and re-writing the code but the same occurs every time.