What is the key?

What’s the key to uncrypt “World Populations SQL Practice” ?
I’ve choose to download the data :

db.sqlite
population_queries.sql

and tried to open them in SQLite DB Browser

World Populations SQL Practice
Overview

This project is slightly different than others you have encountered thus far on Codecademy. Instead of a step-by-step tutorial, this project contains a series of open-ended requirements which describe the project you’ll be building. There are many possible ways to correctly fulfill all of these requirements, and you should expect to use the internet, Codecademy, and other resources when you encounter a problem that you cannot easily solve.

Project Goals

You’ll work with a dataset of world population by country data from recent years. You’ll write queries to retrieve interesting data and answer a set of specific questions.

Setup Instructions

If you choose to do this project on your computer instead of Codecademy, you can download what you’ll need by clicking the “Download” button below. If you need help setting up your computer, be sure to check out our SQLite setup guide. You can then run SQL commands from your terminal, or install DB Browser to run SQL commands from a desktop application. Our article on running SQL commands in DB Browser will walk you through opening a database file and running queries.

Hello :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum!

1. Open SQLite Database Browser
  2. Select File -> Open Database…
  3. Select downloaded file db.sqlite
  4. File population_queries.sql is just a text file, you can open it in any code editor, but the whole content of this file is:
    -- This is the first query:

SELECT DISTINCT year from population_years;

-- Add your additional queries below:

5. Copy the content of the population_queries.sql file (from the file itself or from the snippet in the previous step) and paste it into the tab Execute SQL in the SQLite Database Browser

And you are ready to start working on the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

AHhhh I pushed the “Create a new database” :slight_smile:

And final step, step 5 you mean lik this : (upload://uas12z3vlXIfO1cXQ4QdYGq8HZ9.png)

:slight_smile:

Yes, exactly. In this tab you will write queries.

1 Like

Sorry, which tab?

1 Like

The textarea above the pink section :slight_smile: This is your editor.

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:
And final, how do I save this?

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

To save please select option Write Changes. This will dump the current state of the database to the opened file (db.sqlite). So the next time you open this database - you will see all the changes that you already made.

1 Like

I accidentally had to turn my computer off. And now I’ll do all the step again.

1. Open my DB Browser
  2. File > Open data base

but here… it says enter the key :S Again

as this (can have them in the same message, since I’m a noob here hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

and then when I press ‘cancel’ :

Could not open database file.
Reason: Invalid file format

but I take the same file :frowning: It worked earlier today…

NVM! I took the wrong file! :flushed:

1 Like

Oh! Good! Awesome!

I was lost trying to figure out what might have gone wrong :slight_smile: