What is Python 2 and Python 3? I thought there was only ONE python! and why is it called Python. Well now we know :D thanks to @stetim94 and @ghostlovescore

Can somebody help me out? (the tittle explains it ALL)
Please help :smiley:
I might as well say it again.
What is Python 2 and Python 3?
Please help me soon :smiley:
Have a NICE day :smiley: and Thanks in ADVANCE :smiley:

I'm also coding in Python... I don't know the version. and is there a Python 1?

And why is it called Python called Python?

And why is it called Python called Python?

Python was named for the BBC TV show Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Happy?

:smiley: not yet I need to know the different versions. do you know the difference ???

And what version Codecademy is using?

Python is Python, just like windows (the OS most people use) is called windows, yet there are different versions of Windows (7, 8.1 and 10), just like there are different versions of python (python2, and python3)

If python1 ever existed, it is no longer supported (just like windows3.0, windows 95 and windows xp, if this versions of windows ring a bell)

codecademy uses python2.7.3

Further reading:

"At the time when he began implementing Python, Guido van Rossum was also reading the published scripts from "Monty Python's Flying Circus" (a BBC comedy series from the seventies, in the unlikely case you didn't know). It occurred to him that he needed a name that was short, unique, and slightly mysterious, so he decided to call the language Python."

Huh. well thanks for answering. and your new edit has a mistake :smiley:

if this versions of windows ring a bell)

thats what you have posted

and this is the correction

if these/those versions of windows ring[s] a bell)

NO OFFENSE

Thanks man :slight_smile: That really helped :smiley:

Thanks to you too :smiley:

And lastly, Thanks to @ghostlovescore and @stetim94 :smiley: Peace man :smiley:

And I think some people still use windows XP

well I didn't know :smiley:

yes, but its not really supported anymore. There was an airport in france that still used windows 3.0, yea, of course there will be people still using XP, but officially its no longer supported

such a small detail, you get the point of my answer

Oh cool. I've never seen windows 3.0

And yes i do get the point of your answer

good reason, it was released in 1990, and i suppose no longer supported for something like 2 decades. Its from before my time, and yours i am guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha yea but I like collecting old stuff :smiley: I've got a whole bunch of old gaming devices :stuck_out_tongue: