What happened?

Where did PHP lessons go? I was really far in your program and now it has just disappeared. Is there just bugs being fixed to be re-released at a later date? Can someone please explain this to me? I had logged many hours learning the syntax.

Thank you,
A huge fan

PHP course got removed, there are several topics this. Maybe the course will be revived later, but there is currently no such plan

import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
public class Bawling{
public static void main(String[] args){
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,
“˚º·(˚˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚”);
}
}

i took the php lesson last year. and it was bad. it was missing a lot of staff like like database connections and i think it was based on php 5 ? cause you couldn’t even declare and array like this :

<?php 
$arr   = [ 'a', 'b', 'd'];
$arr2 = ['a' => 'alpha' , 'b' => 'beta', 'd' => 'delta'];
?>

but instead you would have to do it the old way :

<?php 
$arr   = array( 'a', 'b', 'd');
$arr2 = array('a' => 'alpha' , 'b' => 'beta', 'd' => 'delta');
?>

also the the lesson was missing a lot of staff and wasn’t that good for example it didn’t teach you how to escape user inputs for security ( data being sent by user by GET or POST request ) and had nothing about session and how to keep a session secure.

i really would like to see php course back with more improvements and really good path for php 7 and i guess they need to hire a php developer ( @codecademy hit me up) to do the course if they don’t have one

or even more than 1 they can do a course about the basics of php, then a course about PDO and Mysqli which are really important in php and a course about session and dealing with users and staff like that