What features do you want to see in a Pro Product?

@helloworld1988

Codecademy can’t and won’t do that:

Courses on Codecademy are available for free and always will be.
- Does it cost money to use Codecademy?

I’d prefer more Articles covering programming topics over videos, but I agree with your suggestion about more in-depth stuff being available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @alexcommunitymgr,

I, personnally, very enjoy the ‘free’ Codecademy atmosphere, and would remain happy with a free account compared to Pro right now. The only potential reason I would consider getting a Pro account would be if you guys offered not just extra projects, but things like advanced syntax extensions for courses, or Pro courses offering new languages to learn. I’ve just started Codecademy pretty recently (August) but I find that the course interfaces are amazing for all different simulations, whether it’s console based (Like Command Line, Git, Rails) or just run web-based (JavaScript, HTML, CSS) and I would definitely recommend this site to anyone interested in trying computer programming. Anyways, I love the direction Codecademy is heading, and meeting all new people who join with new ideas. Keep up the good work!

-Cade

Edit: Would it be possibly to have .gif files as profile pictures in the future? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi

I want to add: the facility to gift pro-subscriptions to others.
I’ve put this up on another board, but I think it’s appropriate to mention it here. I think $19.00 a month is more than reasonable. I don’t have a problem with the cost.
"In Australia 25% of kids between 17 and 24 are not in jobs or in school. We target training those kids and then finding them jobs. I’ve used Codeacademy for the HTML/CSS and Javascript training, the free courses are great.

I would like to get them a pro-subscription. Pro-subscriptions have no end dates. I can’t gift them a course off my credit card for, forever. But if you have the facility to offer a 6 month or 12 month pro subscription, I can raise money to buy these and gift them to our kids.

Other online training companies like Udemy allow you to gift training. I really don’t want to use those, I like codeacademy best.

Could you guys please consider helping us charities purchase training blocks for youth?
It’s another revenue stream for you."

2 Likes

Please consider changing to more West Coast friendly hours… Advisor cut-off at 9pm PT is a bummer for people trying to study after work. 10pm would be much better. Thanks

1 Like

Hi , If You made it a little more expensive i would like if you include a website beacuse a lot of things your learn here are web bassed like html, css, javascript, php, ect. so if you include a website domain and hosting so people can test out there skills on there own website and show of to there friends. i dont think it would be too expensie for you guys beacuse i got my own doamin name and hosting for only $12 (with promo code) though GoDaddy.com So its just a good idea get back to me when you can

-@Codecrtr
P.S if it had this feture i would probaly buy it.

This would lead to spam websites.

If this was introduced, then I would definitely get Pro, but I don’t think it’s a good idea for this to be added.

@jibblyj I think a limit of one domain per person if that was implemented would do a fine job avoiding spam websites.
Pro is more expensive than a regular domain, depending on where/who you buy from, so it’s unlikely people would create lots of Pro accounts just for domain names :slight_smile:

In my opinion, the Pro Product is really, really good. I can’t think of what else it could be added to it.
The interface is clean, simple and easy to understand which makes Pro users happy to have spent their money on it.
Also the path you choose can be edited and that, for me, is the best feature of it.

Right now I don’t know what I could suggest but I’ll think about it!
Keep up the good wok, Codecademy! :v:

3 Likes

Hello @bytepro54882

Right now, advisors are available from 8am to midnight, Eastern Time Zone (ET) 7 days a week.

Oh Yeah Another Feature If You Have Pro You Get A Free T-Shirt like this one!
I Have The design if you want it contact me Back on the fourms staff
Thanks- codecrtr

4 Likes

It could be used for advertising because it says codecademy.com at the bottom, and if i had this shirt i would wear it all around town and people would see and and go here to learn to code!

@codecrtr: I loved the idea and I would happily wear this shirt all day but I think the problem would be shipping those shirts and making them but let’s say what the staff think about it.

1 Like

@codecrtr Codecademy actually already has t-shirts, they look like this:

I’d love it if Codecademy were to add a store where users could buy pens, shirts, mugs, etc., where you don’t necessarily have to be Pro to get stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool Where could i get one? oh and also i saw you got a sticker for your computer that says codecademy on your twitter account i want to buy one! and also i think its a good idea to start a shop…maybe us and others could talk to the owner and ask him if we could star one!

1 Like

Unfortunately, nowhere right now :frowning:

I think I remember @alexcommunitymgr having a response to this, but I don’t remember what it was.
But yeah, I think that if Codecademy were to start up a shop, they’d get a fair amount of business from it.

3 Likes

Ya I think that too. I think a lot of people would like to have shirts pens etc cuz a lot of people take pride in learning coding i know i do, and they would want to buy that stuff and where it all around town!

1 Like

What other products would you like to see?

1 Like

@alexcommunitymgr Maybe hats, stickers, and hoodies as well. I’ll let you know if I think of more stuff, but that’s all that comes to mind at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could have items that unlock after finishing courses, like a T-Shirt that says “Javascript master” on the front and has “Codecademy.com” on the back with the logo?

2 Likes

Offering certifications would take Codecademy to the next level.

#1 it would boost awareness of Codecademy’s presence in the marketplace
#2 It would give users additional incentive to sign up for PRO
#3 It would increase the amount of total users & the bottom line as awareness increases