What does the error "Does your paragraph contain text?" means?

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html-css/lessons/common-elements/exercises/ordered-lists?action=lesson_resume

i have written the correct code but it still gives me the error message saying Does your paragraph contain text? for my third paragraph

Replace this line with your code. 
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <body>
      <h1>
        <p>
          The Brown Bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently "Least Concern." There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.
        </p>
        <p>
          The following are subspecies of bears:
          <ul>
            <li>Arctos</li>
            <li>Collarus</li>
            <li>Horribilis</li>
            <li>Nelsoni(extinct)</li>
        </ul>
      </p>
      <p>
        The following countries have the largest populations of brown bears:
        </p>
      </h1>
    </body>
  </head>
</html>

At the end of the sentence you should close the paragraph and not after the un ordered list..

Another Mistake:

Your first h1 should have the text he Brown Bear and you should close it same time on the same line, NOT when closing the body tag

i tried those but it did not work

I am having the same problem. No matter what I do it shows up wrong and asks if my paragraph contains text. Doing everything exactly as it asks....

@ikid3 @lazereyescat

In order for me to help your'l you need to paste in your code and error

I'm encountering the same error.

It asks us to create a paragraph with the text, "The following countries have the largest populations of brown bears:", so that we can make an ordered list out of the three countries.

But, it won't allow me (Or, us, it would seem) from progressing because it doesn't think that we actually made that paragraph. I've tripled checked that I have it in the body element, and that my paragraph element is closed - still nada.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ordered lists

There is a known issue with the platform interface. Until this is fixed, try using the workaround, Run... Refresh... Run. The code seems to vanish when we click Run, but it is not lost, The refresh brings it back in. If not checked, Run again and the code should be preserved, otherwise the Next button should be turned on.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.