What did I do wrong?

I’m doing the web development path, and am on this section: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html/lessons/tables/exercises/table-css?action=resume_content_item

It’s asking me now to do some CSS work as if I’ve done any at all. I believe I’ve followed the path correctly… started out with the basics of HTML and am now working with tables. But have done zero work with CSS.

Did I do something wrong? Should I take the CSS course and then go back? But that would mess with the path.

This question has come up before, and I’m afraid there is no good answer, other than to go along with the instructions. The style.css tab has been prepared for us, already, and all we need to do here is make one small change.

In style.css , change the font size of all table headings and table data to 18 pixels.

We see in the HTML that table headings are <th></th> elements. That makes their element type, th. table data are element type, td. So look for the type selector in the CSS and track down the font-size property.

thead th {
  background: #88CCF1;
  color: #FFF;
  font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif;
  font-size: 16px;
  font-weight: 100;
  letter-spacing: 2px;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

tr {
  background: #f4f7f8;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #FFF;
  margin-bottom: 5px;
}

th, td {
  font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif;
  font-size: 18px;
  font-weight: 400;
  padding: 20px;
  text-align: left;
  width: 33.3333%;
}

Note that there are two selector rules with th in them. We want the generic rule that applies to both TH and TD.

th, td {
    font-size: 18px;    /* insert this property if not present */
}

If the font-size property is already there, then change the value, as shown. Be sure not to change anything else and make sure your line ends with a semi-colon.

One of the problems can also be not reading the direction. Please make sure you are doing that. For almost everything I’ve done including that part in CSS, I didn’t need a solution.

I hope this helps =)