What are your 2021 goals?

I just purchased access to the Full-Stack Engineer career path, so my goal will be to finish this and find a new position while I progress through it or shortly after finishing it. I work as a dev full time at the moment with desktop applications so it’ll be a learning curve as I open my eyes to the world of web!

5 Likes

To land a Jr. Software Engineer position. Alot of hard work ahead!

6 Likes

I’m completely new to all coding, so my goal is to generate new skills and work on changing careers.
also to participate in the forums and make some new positive friends with who I can discuss my new amazing interest.

please anyone who wants to chat and can offer me any help or advice feel free to message me.
I’m already looking forwards to this new journey

5 Likes

“Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.” ― Winston S. Churchill

I’m the same as yourself, trying to manage a different career after a decade in my previous one. Here’s a good read, have a peek. Insights from a veteran developer :point_left:

4 Likes
  • At least two rounds of #100DaysOfCode!!
  • Complete the CSS course on Codecademy.
  • Complete the Javascript course on Codecademy.
  • Move on to Sass, React.js, Drupal, and Phaser!
  • Also, search engine optimization!
  • Attend at least 4 (virtual) hackathons and a single game jam.
  • Continuously improve existing projects as I continue learning.
  • Fix/create at least one website for a local business for free. (Check on your local businesses’ websites!!)

And at the end of the year, I should have something resembling a portfolio!

10 Likes

To finally start learning about front end development, HTML and CSS. I have been wanting to for a while, hope I will enjoy the course and find it useful as my long term goal is to WFH for my career! And as an illustrator, I want to do something related to design and visuals.

6 Likes

Keep on keeping on, you’ll get there!

4 Likes

Finish my IT career switch course and get into full time software employment… or my own business.
Doing the full stack… i am kind of enjoying it but just seems to me every time i think i’m getting somewhere i get to a project and completely blank and have to look up how to do it every single time!

3 Likes

These are my big goals for 2021:

• Finish the front-end career path (>50% already)
  • Upgrade my portfolio with new projects
  • Change my career and find my first Front-end dev. job
  • Continue learning web developement (maybe starting the Full-stack career path?)

I hope to achieve them all. Courage to everybody! :muscle:

5 Likes

That’s awesome. Let me know if you are open to have someone for that projects

1 Like

Going to need to revise my goal… It was previously to better my performance of 51 badges last year. That was surpassed in January with around 69 badges. Added two more completed courses during that time. That’s okay. There is much to go. Now to complete more courses while I’ve still got some steam.

6 Likes

I’m going to be out of work starting March, so my goals are accelerating for the sake of finding a new job:

• Daily coding. I mean legit daily. My lease is up end of July, and I need new housing in another state secured by then.
  • I want to finish the data science career path no later than end of May. With more time off, should be possible.
  • After the career path is finished, I want to complete smaller projects on my own. Something to add to my resume.

Basically, out of work, hardcore studying code, and hopefully get ready for a new job relevant in my field in another state. No pressure, lol.

Any newbies in python/SQL/data science path want to start a discord server etc and work together on holding each other accountable daily, HMU!

2 Likes

There is an official Codecademy Discord that you might find useful:

You can also click the “Chat” link at the top of the page.

6 Likes

I want to transition into a career in DevOps, at the minute I’m 90% infrastructure and networking based. I’m starting with golang, ruby, python and will extend to node.js, C++ and C# when I’m more confident with the first three languages.

3 Likes

My 2021 goal is to continue building my webpage which I started not so long ago. If you want to see my website that is still under construction, feel free to private message me and I`ll see if i can share it either there or publicly in this topic.

4 Likes

My gole is to finish and able to perfectly code without hesitation in javascript before 2021 I’m almost done and and i am doing very well :heart::blush:
Thank you codecdemy

1 Like

At the beginning, I focused on the syntax a lot,
but eventually, I got more used to it, so I’m usually more focused on the code now (meaning figuring out how to make the code do what I want it to do).