I just purchased access to the Full-Stack Engineer career path, so my goal will be to finish this and find a new position while I progress through it or shortly after finishing it. I work as a dev full time at the moment with desktop applications so it’ll be a learning curve as I open my eyes to the world of web!
To land a Jr. Software Engineer position. Alot of hard work ahead!
I’m completely new to all coding, so my goal is to generate new skills and work on changing careers.
also to participate in the forums and make some new positive friends with who I can discuss my new amazing interest.
please anyone who wants to chat and can offer me any help or advice feel free to message me.
I’m already looking forwards to this new journey
“Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.” ― Winston S. Churchill
I’m the same as yourself, trying to manage a different career after a decade in my previous one. Here’s a good read, have a peek. Insights from a veteran developer
- At least two rounds of #100DaysOfCode!!
- Complete the CSS course on Codecademy.
- Move on to Sass, React.js, Drupal, and Phaser!
- Also, search engine optimization!
- Attend at least 4 (virtual) hackathons and a single game jam.
- Continuously improve existing projects as I continue learning.
- Fix/create at least one website for a local business for free. (Check on your local businesses’ websites!!)
And at the end of the year, I should have something resembling a portfolio!
To finally start learning about front end development, HTML and CSS. I have been wanting to for a while, hope I will enjoy the course and find it useful as my long term goal is to WFH for my career! And as an illustrator, I want to do something related to design and visuals.
Keep on keeping on, you’ll get there!