Hey guys! I thought I’d start this thread as I’ve seen a lot of people asking the same question. What better way for people to find answers and be inspired than to just open it up as a group discussion? :-3
To start, here are some of the ways I like to practice:
- Find super cool things on code-pen that you want to recreate (p.s. code-pen is awesome)
- Find something on a website that looks super awesome and try to recreate it on your own (DevTools can help you out there) Can’t think of anything awesome? I find the dropdown menu that shows up when you select your icon on code-academy pretty interesting, and I want to recreate it tomorrow (as an example).
- Google “practice CSS grid projects” or “practice html project ideas”, etc–you will find looooaaaaddddssss of materials. Loads.
- Do the code_academy build challenges (and don’t follow the directions/use the directions as hints)
- Make stuff up and make it on your local computer with a code editor (I use atom, its free and easy to use)
- Do tutorials on youtube, my favorite are code ninja videos, its a dope youtube channel where some British guy teaches you a programming/coding topic and provides a follow along project to do while you watch it~ preetttyyy doooppeee
- Play coding games (just look them up, there are lots . For example, I like grid critters and flex zombies)
- Just keep creating! Even if its super stupid, just make stuff up. The more you use it, the better you will become at it.
- Do a project a day! (or more if you want)
Can’t wait to hear from you guys!