What are some other libraries that Python has?

Question

In the context of this exercise, what are some other libraries that Python has?

Answer

In addition to the libraries mentioned such as Biopython, and the data-focused libraries like pandas and NumPy, Python provides hundreds of other libraries for different tasks. A few of them are as follows.

Python provides libraries for web scraping which include Beatiful soup and Scrapy. Web scraping is a term used to describe the extraction of data from websites, typically through the HTML code.

Python also provides libraries for game programming, such as PyGame for 2D game development.

In addition to these, you can also create GUI’s with Python using the PyQT library.

And, if you need to work with SQL databases, then you might utilize the SQLAlchemy library.

There are many other libraries that Python provides, and chances are that if you need to do some specific task, there is a library that can help.

14 Likes

Beautiful?

Just adding more chars.

There many Python libraries available for any specific application too.
For instance, there are Flask and Django.
For making GUIs, guizero, PyQT etc.
There are many communication libraries for http, smtp, etc
Even there are libraries for hardware programming , like programming Raspberry Pi too.

2 Likes

Beautiful soup is a python library used for web scraping, basically it interacts with the web and makes it easy to do lot of web related tasks.
There is nothing to do with adding more chars, or appearance just cause the name is Beautiful.

1 Like

There are quite a large list of python libraries.
PyGame - used for game development.
Beautiful Soup - Web scraping.
Matplotlib - for maths related functions, operations, graphs etc…
OpenCV - face recognition.

There are lots libraries needed for Data Science like:
pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, scipikit etc.

For more refer here:
Python libraries

2 Likes

NumPy: Python’s scientific computing library. It supports big, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices with efficient mathematical functions.

Pandas: Pandas is a powerful library for data manipulation and analysis. DataFrames and methods for filtering, manipulating, and aggregating data are available.

Matplotlib: Matplotlib lets you create line graphs, scatter plots, histograms, and more. It allows publication-quality figures and extensive customization.

Seaborn: Seaborn is a Matplotlib-based higher-level data visualisation library. It makes heatmaps, violin plots, and bar plots easier to create with attractive preset designs.

scikit-learn: A popular Python machine learning library. Its tools cover classification, regression, clustering, and dimensionality reduction. It also offers modules for model assessment and data preparation.

TensorFlow: Google’s open-source machine learning and deep learning library. It facilitates neural network model development and deployment.

PyTorch: PyTorch is another prominent deep learning package that enables dynamic computational graphs, making it more ideal for study and experimentation. It provides efficient tensor computations and automatic differentiation.

Keras: Keras is a high-level neural networks library that can run on top of either TensorFlow, Theano, or Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK). It offers a simple neural network API.

Statsmodels: A statistical modelling and hypothesis testing library. It provides regression, time series, and multivariate statistical models.

SciPy: SciPy adds scientific and numerical computing features to NumPy. Optimisation, integration, signal processing, linear algebra, and more are modules.

These are a few data science Python libraries…

4 Likes

Python has a lot of libraries as it was mentioned in the text. And I could use some of them when I was starting to learn all about this programming language. For example, I used the ‘datetime’ library in order to manipulate all the date columns in my data frame (Pandas’s object). Besides, I have used the ‘os’ library, due to I wanted to know the path where I had saved my graphics I had created with matplotlib.

1 Like