What are some examples of what javascript can be used to make?

it would be nice, to see on second page # What is JavaScript?
the most power thing (site) or example that PRO coders can create with JS.
thanks

1 Like

The big problem with this would be the time it would need to create something like this. Almost everything would be possible in Javascript just like in any other language. How good something is is usually depending on how much time is put into them.

Also what you are asking is very broad and opinion based.

the most power thing (site) or example that PRO coders can create with JS.

There is not really such a thing. It all depends on what your goal is.

Here however is a top 21 of some websites that are created with Javascript.

Javascript can be used for much more tho. Jquery for example is also written in Javascript and some might think that is way more admirable than just creating a website since Jquery had a huge impact on web-development.

All Javascript is, is a tool to create things.

13 Likes

Why is the Introduction into JavaScript so horribly explained? It does’t say the purpose of JavaScript. So I’m doing this introduction exercise without knowing my end goal.

Just say it adds behavior and interactivity to a site and give examples.

I found that this introduction has overly complicated things.

17 Likes

Actually there is so much more to know about JavaScript than just its final objective. To be honest with you I am quite a beginner in the coding experience, but one thing that my previous learning experience has taught me is learning the thought process of things. It’s not obvious, JavaScript like C or C++ has been developed over the years, and each language (excluding lesser important modern languages such as Dart for example) search to simplify the latter. Java was actually developed in 1996 amidst the rise of the interactive television boom. However, interactive television saw its own downfall a couple of years later resulting in JavaScript changing its focus to server side development and aiming towards web development. Therefore JavaScript may not have an explicit purpose. Like every other programming language, Java exists for many reasons. However, if you ask me the objective should be to what extent is JavaScript useful? What are its limits and how can users ameliorate the language?

And here I am replying without having even started the course! :sweat_smile:

I hope this optic may help you out to find your goal!

16 Likes

I’m new here. i’m learnng Javascript for my website. I’m only 13 and i love it!!! :star_struck:

Amazing

9 Likes

i love this community… im 51 and this is my 1st day to try to learn JS. i’ve gone through HTML and CSS for the last 3months, and learnt a lot. 3 months ago i don’t even know how to use my mac. my HS boy is using it since the time i bought it in 2017. Learnt to use terminal, upload at GitHub and so many more…
i got excited everyday knowing that i will learn some more…
covid-19 is bad, no doubt, but working from home allows more time for me to teach myself to code, and its a good thing.

cheers everybody…

13 Likes

Same here. can’t wait.

3 Likes

I think you can use JavaScript for a game. Coding a game.

Thanks,
Aram Services
ARAM

2 Likes

MUCH LUCK TO U LOVE ! im 21 and terrified af for the future! i just learned to use my pc too, jst 1 month ago like u. This is my second laptop ever. I use manjaro on it ! My first laptop was so old it barely run Youtube, although it had Windows 7 on it bcz i never knew about Linux since last 2 months. I just started JavaScript courses too. I never did html or css, never afforded collage and never used a laptop more than youtube. this 1 month since i have this laptop i learned how to customize Manjaro in a way that is unrecognizable from the first boot. I broke my system 5 times because if my lack of knowledge but this learned me how important is to use GRsync back-up tool. Im sick of being a 200$ /month paid cashier. Im so thankfull for all this Youtube and Codecademy free courses <3 GOOD LUCK to everyone

4 Likes

good luck… happy coding.
i never notice the reply at my first comment, that’s why the late reply…

3 Likes

Hello. I’m a journalism professional with 43 years old and due to work issues, step by step I approached the development of applications. First was curiosity, second was the desire to find new sources of income and today, without ever having studied a career or a course in systems, I enter and contribute to the development team of the company where I work. At the beginning of this thread they talked about the scope of Jsvascript, and if the years have taught me something, it is that one thing DOES NOT ONLY HAVE a purpose. Wherever you go, your past experiences can be added to the new challenges you face, and that is what I see with programming languages … the opportunity not to see what it is for, but how it can help me to concretize that idea I have in mind.
Nice to read so many interesting comments.
Greetings from Mexico.

1 Like