What am I missing if I don't do the final project? What can I use from here?

Since the final project isn’t available to me on the free trial, I’d like to know what I will miss if I don’t subscribe and what other resources are available (preferably but not necessarily for free) that I can use from here onward.

its a freeform project, you could use it for your portfolio. You could create projects on your own as well, although this might be challenging.

sololearn and udemy are good options. I am sure there is plenty more

1 Like

Hey, if you don’t mind my asking, does this code seem like something of the scope of the Final Project? I used a lot of what I learned from this course except for classes.

'''
u/withdrohngeohn's Kahoot Calculator
'''
# First things first:
from time import sleep
# Functions below:
def middle_wrong(questions):
	score = 0
	additive_bonus = 0
	if questions % 2 == 0: #even
		for question in range(questions/2):
			score += 1000 + additive_bonus * 100
			additive_bonus += 1
		additive_bonus = 0
		for question in range(1 + questions/2, questions):
			additive_bonus += 1
		return score # hopefully
	elif questions % 2 == 1:
		for question in range((questions - 1)/2):
			additive_bonus += 1
		score *= 2
		return score
def beginning_wrong(questions):
  score = 0
  additive_bonus = 0
  for question in range(2, questions):
    additive_bonus += 1
  return score
def start_up():
	print 'Hello! Welcome to u/withdrohngeohn\'s Kahoot Calculator.'
	while True:
		choice = raw_input('Option 1: Input your own amount of questions and run the program.' + '\n' + 'Option 2: Let this program find the amount of questions where the two lines intersect.' + '\n' + 'Choose your option by entering 1 or 2: ')
		if choice == '1':
			questions = int(raw_input('First, choose the number of questions in the Kahoot: '))
			print 'For the purposes of this experiment, the number of wrong questions for each of the players has been set ahead of time. Also, the maximum reaction time is simulated across the board. This has no affect on the outcome other than showing which player has the potential for the highest score.'
			sleep(3)
			print 'The player who got 1 question wrong in the middle scored %d.' % middle_wrong(questions)
			sleep(1)
			print 'The player who got 2 questions wrong in the beginning scored %d.' % beginning_wrong(questions)
		elif choice == '2':
			searching = True
			question_count = 0
			while searching == True:
				if middle_wrong(question_count) < beginning_wrong(question_count):
					print 'Score exceeded!'
					sleep(2.5)
					print 'Printing the winning score...'
					sleep(2.5)
					print 'Questions: %d' % question_count + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed one question in the middle: %d' % middle_wrong(question_count) + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed two questions at the beginning: %d' % beginning_wrong(question_count)
					sleep(1)
					print 'Printing the preceding score...'
					sleep(2.5)
					print 'Questions: %d' % (question_count - 1) + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed one question in the middle: %d' % middle_wrong(question_count - 1) + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed two questions at the beginning: %d' % beginning_wrong(question_count - 1)
					searching = False
				else:
					sleep(1)
					print 'Questions: %d' % question_count + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed one question in the middle: %d' % middle_wrong(question_count) + '\n' + 'Score of the player who missed two questions at the beginning: %d' % beginning_wrong(question_count)
					question_count += 1
		else:
			pass
		Continue = raw_input('Would you like to use this program again? Yes (Y) or No (anything else): ').upper()
		if Continue == 'Y':
			print 'Alright! Let\'s get started again!'
			continue
		else:
			goodbye()
			break
def goodbye():
	space = ''
	for char in 'FINEBYME':
		print space + char + '\n'
		space += '    '
		sleep(1)
	print space + 'Goodbye.'
start_up()

i don’t know, i don’t think i have actually done the final project.

I think the final project (having a quick look at it), is more complex. Given web scraping is involved for example