I just completed the skill path Build Python Web Apps with Flask.
I used this final project as an excuse to explore several aspects of building a web app:
- Flask and Jinja for the python backend.
- Bulma a CSS framework for building responsive websites (I discovered node-sass along the way).
- Heroku and Docker for deploying the final web app.
- GitHub Actions to activate the automatic deploy of my app directly from pushes on the main branch of the repository.
- Click for developing a simple but effective CLI to mange the database used by the app.
- Pre-Commit! This is by far the repository with the highest number of pre-commit hooks I ever used.
Please consider that Trails run on a free Heroku Dyno so you may experience some delay if the Dyno is sleeping and you are the first visiting the web app. I do not expect this free plan to withstand high concurrencies, so… please be patient if you experience some delays.
Now some info about Trails.
You can create an account if you like (there is no email verification so you can use a fancy one) or you can log in with the example account:
Every night (at 1 AM UTC time) the database is erased and the example account is restored to its original state.
Feel free to explore!
This web app is just a proof of concept, a simple experiment…
As usual, feedbacks are welcome!
Here is the repo.