Welcome to the Game Room, my terminal game!

Hello, all my fellow python learners!

Link to my GitHub repo:

The game is run by typing (python3 main.py) when you are in the (first-python-capstone) directory

I had a lot of fun making this project and I’m excited to get my first version out for everyone to see!
I still have a lot of work to get it where I want, but I think this is a great starting off point

Here is the main hub after you enter your name. I want to eventually incorporate the input name into all the games
and be able to save it so you don’t have to keep re-entering it everytime you return to the main hub!

I ended up including 4 mini-games cause those are some that I’ve worked on before but I wanted to create all of these from scratch so I am going to have to go back and spruce them up with some ascii art and better score implementation.
The games are:

• Rock Paper Scissors
  • Blackjack
  • Hangman
  • A Number Guessing Game

Here is a view of all the different mini-games in action:

I also came up with an idea to incorporate a little random message each time you end the program by pressing 5 on the main hub. I just found a whole bunch of quotes and put them in a list then chose from random a new index each time the game is closed!

What I want to work on:

• I want to find a way to incorporate a global score counter which could be used as a currency in the main hub to maybe unlock another game or be saved as a high score.
    *Something else I want to work on is doing a light multiplayer element to some of the games, maybe like play rock paper scissors with someone else locally instead of the computer.
    *I also want to get better at creating programs with OOP instead of just connecting the whole script together in one piece. So I’ll be studying up on how to update them but I would also love any hints or ideas on how to do that for each game.
    *As of 7/29/22, the number guessing game has a little bug that I need to fix.

Thanks to everyone who checks out my little project and I cant wait to look around at all of yours.

• Ethan