Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

I’m Aiden and I’m 14 I’m in 8th grade I want to use my coding skills to be a game creator when I grow up. I like that code academy helps me learn and help others learn. I have been thinking about doing courses on JS when I get in collage. with JS I learned how to make a animation. :smile:

5 Likes

Am Samuel, my friends call me Sam. I love programming but don’t have the knowledge of it. I believe with the help of codecademy, I will become a good programmer in future

4 Likes

Greetings all,

I seeking ways of enhancing my self as I spend much of my time at home recovering for injuries.
I intend on becoming competent at coding and, am open to where it my take me.

This new or extended knowledge, skill will be use to better my life, both personally as well as professionally.

I welcome the day when I too can facilitate fellow learners of coding.

I shall give myself leave &, send you all nothing but positive energy.

4 Likes

Hello there!
My name is Atharva Chute.
I am beginner in programming though I know the basics of C and I just started learning python.
Looking forward to useful and friendly discussions!

4 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Trevor. I have a liberal arts background and attempting a career change. I’ve been studying Ruby and Python. Minneapolis is home for now.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Ricky. I am fairly new to coding, meaning I’ve been teaching myself for the past 3-4 months.This is the first ever forum I’ve posted on, but I have been studying intensely since I found out my interest in the topic of writing code. I was/am not really good with computers and any of its technical terms, but I am trying. I am 24 years old and I really want to join the industry someway, preferably get my CISSP and become one of the good guys (White-hat). I am in my last year of college at University of California Santa Barbara studying psychology and Spanish, but like I said I am extremely interested in programming. I have taught myself a lot of HTML and CSS; my new project is C language just to get a good basis before I attempt C++.

I am really looking for mentor who would be willing to help me through any of my questions and help guide me through my programming experience. I am very Open-minded so please write me back if you are interested in helping a future programmer succeed. Thanks code academy!

7 Likes

Jeffrey,

I am going to school online to get my degree Information technology. I am currently starting a Java programming class and am hoping Code Academy can help me learn more about programming and help me succeed in learning to be better at coding and possibly help me me get through this class. Looking forward to learning and getting to know some new people that have the same interests.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, my user name is cat2111. I joined to try and learn how to code.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Bill H. an old guy trying to learn new things. I work as a laborer,I plan on using these news skills for myself.I like how anyone can learn for free here. I have just started learning, I’m already looking for help, so I,ll look for that now,

7 Likes

Hi guys,

My name is Zach. I’m 30 years old and currently work for a software developer in auditing/loss prevention for some of their clients. The details of the job are rather difficult to explain as my job is always evolving. I plan to learn code and apply them not only to better understand my company and the way it operates, but to further my opportunities with them as well. I also have some personal projects that I would be interested in trying as well.

I found codecademy at the recommendation of a Youtube channel (CSDojo) and did a few of the introductory courses before signing up for pro. I did a little programming (with turing) in high school but haven’t really touched it since and hope to pick up JavaScript and Python first.

Anyways I look forward to seeing and hopefully collaborating with some of you around the site in the future.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi everyody,
i’m here to lean basics for restraining. I am a french leathersmith artisan, but can’t live of my activity, so i would like to change my profesionnal life.
Let’s go Learning :slight_smile:
Laura.

5 Likes

hi im lincoln and i am 11 years old in 6th grade i am doing python for computer class to pass this class so i can git in to robotics class so i can be accepted by the school of minds my dream is to be an engineer any kind so thanks for reading this!

5 Likes

Hi guys! Im Luis and Im a lawyer who recently interested in code and programming world. Just trying to learn this amazing ability.

Im doing the Python Couse.

Thanks Code Academy Community!

5 Likes

Hi I’m UX/UI Designer who is trying to learn HTML/CSS/JavaScript to better communicate with developers. Thank you!!

6 Likes

I’m Fern,

I’ve been working in retail for six years and I believe that I’m a little too comfortable.
I hope to use my coding skills in a professional setting as I have really been enjoying it, I would very much like to follow this as a career path.
A friend recommended codeacademy to me and I’ve been really impressed with how easy the lessons are and how easy I can pick it up. So far I’ve completed the HTML course and I am halfway through CSS.

7 Likes

Hey! I’m Polina, I am 19 and I am from Ukraine.
I studied one year Python in the University but I want to learn it more so that’s why I am here.
And I want to use it later in my career:)

6 Likes

Hi Everyone
My name Is Rebecca, I live in New Zealand. Ive been thinking of learning coding for such a long time so Im finally doing it. I’m currently a Makeup artist and florist and with so much growth and demand in the land of internet I need to up skill. Im looking forward to getting involved in this community, learning from each other and making new friends

5 Likes

Hello guys-
My name is E and I’m an exploration geologist in Alaska. I took some basic HTML/CSS and Programming for Geoscientists classes in college (about 5 years ago) but am hoping to get back into it either for fun, maybe to help pad my geology resume, or even an entire career change…I’m not sure! My husband is a self-taught web developer and I am somewhat envious of his flexibility to work remotely…kinda great if you love to travel, haha.

I started the Front End Development Certification course through freecodecamp about 3 weeks ago and am about to begin the basic JavaScript section. Today I decided to start CodeAcademy in addition to fill in some gaps. I’m working through the CSS portion now. I think I’m sticking to front-end stuff, but we’ll see. I’m kind of interested in data management and Python. It’d be neat to work with mapping programs.

So far so good. I kind of miss college so it’s been fun learning new things again.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone, my name is Victor, I’m a Mechanical Engineer and I’m passionate about coding and I.T generally. I plan to be a web and app developer, i use codecademy so i could meet coding gurus i plan taking courses like html, java script, css, and probably phyton, I’ve not been to any of codecademy meetups yet, i’m new here and have’nt learn anything yet.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Nicole. I’m new at coding and trying to learn to make a career out of it. I appreciate codecademy for being user friendly and free! I plan on taking the Intensive courses once I’ve completed all the free courses. I would love to attend meetups. I’m excited to become fluent in html, css, javascript for starters, and many, many more. I’ll be really happy when my learnings can contribute to helping someone else learn too.

6 Likes