Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

My name is Oliver and I’v just started JavaScript today :+1: Getting along well do far!!

Yay

5 Likes

I am Philip. I am currently 55 years of age. today 12-18-17, I am in my 2nd month of coding.

7 Likes

Hello,

My name is Patrick and I’m a Visual Designer for a development company. I am hoping to add to my skill set here at this company. I don’t have a ton of coding experience. This will be my first course at codecademy and I’m pretty excited!

7 Likes

Hi.

I’m Li (or Lee, however you want to spell it). I’m a 15 year old student living in the Philippines…and I’m a new learner (although I’ve been in Codeacademy for a year). I’m interested in Programming and I guess you can say curious . I know a bit of HTML so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn more about coding :space_invader:

7 Likes

Hiya! My name is Michael, though I guess my name here says Clockwork Oracle. Either works I suppose.
I don’t have any sort of ‘industry’ or profession really. I’ve spent all my time in hospitality, and have hated every single second of it, even the time I’ve been outside of work. So naturally, not something I plan to continue doing.
I want to get into coding professionally, as well as personally, it’s always sorta interested me, and I’m curious to see how far it can go.
Nothing about codecademy really strikes me as my ‘favorite’ thing, it’s just easier to use then the various other places I’ve tried to learn coding. Suppose there’s a reason but I haven’t figured it out I guess.
I’mma take a lot of courses, dunno which ones yet.
As for meetups/events, I highly doubt there’s ever gonna be one in Australia, so no.

6 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Liam and I am sophomore studying chemical engineering. I came here to learn to code because I will be interning at a research facility next semester and I want to see if there is anything I can apply from coding to my internship, I also have been curious about programming and am thinking about adding a Computer Science minor, so this is a bit of a test run for me. Does anyone have suggestions about what type of code would be useful for an engineer to know or any tips for beginners?

Thanks!

5 Likes

My name is Dale and I am still educating myself to get a better job in the tech field. I am assuming this is not only for new Dala Analytics students.
I’m located in the Bay Area and plan to get a job here. This is my first official course and I have not been to any events. So, no examples and no stories, yet. Except that today the class starts and now I cannot open the Learn section from the website and continue with my pre course Python learning. So I’ll learn who to contact to get it fixed.
That’s all now.

5 Likes

Hi, my name is Lawanya (Liza) and I am from India. I am a software developer moving from Singapore to Australia shortly and aiming to switch my career to front-end web development and design.
I am a beginner at web development and excited to develop my skills to suit the industry and to also, aid my job search in my new location. I find the interactive learning platform provided by Codecademy fun and engaging. I have started with the ‘Build Websites from Scratch’ course and looking forward to working on the projects. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Hi, I’m Bob. I’ve been into computers and software development most of my adult life. I’ve had just about every role, as a developer, trainer, project lead, systems engineer, etc. When you work with computers, they do exactly what you tell them to do, right or wrong. I am looking to get up to date on all the latest and greatest. In Codecademy, I’ve done the HTML and JScript classes and I’m in the middle of the CSS class.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Lumii and I’m from Singapore.
I am a student and since it’s currently the school holidays, I decided to pick up basic coding for fun hehe I’m starting with HTML and CSS as a total beginner, and considering taking up Python on the side. I’m more interested in creating websites
and designing rather than things like applications but I think both are useful. Looking forward to learning! ^^

7 Likes

Hello, everyone!

Who are you? A 40 year old mother of 2 looking to make a satisfying and exciting career change!
What is your industry and profession? I have worked in education as a sign language interpreter for 5 1/2 years and am currently working in a school library.
Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally? I plan to use my newly learned skills to pursue a career change.
Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it? I found Codecademy through an internet search and the fact that the courses are free is what pulled me in. Since starting them I have been happy to find that they seem to be well done courses.
What courses have you taken, or are planning to take? I am currently taking Python here and learning other languages (HTML, CSS, C++, NodeJS,) and cyber security on other sites, as well.
Have you been to any of our meetups, or events? No
Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy? Not yet.
Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals? Tell it here. Not yet.

7 Likes

Hi all. I’m a 53-year-old marketing consultant, talking the Codeacademy Pro intensive. I’m not looking to be a programmer but to widen my skillset and deepen my ability to creatively approach current and potential projects I am working on. Happy Holidays to all and I look forward to the experience.

5 Likes

Hello guys. My name is Adrian and I’m from the UK. I am at uni studying accounting but I also have an interest in coding and programming. I wish to learn everything there is to know about coding and programming and maybe have a broader range of career paths or roles I can leap into. Right now I am a beginner in HTML and CSS.

5 Likes

Abuchi is my name,i am a Nigerian,i am an instrumentation engineer and i plan to use my coding skills on my profession and go into IT fully in the future. I plan to start with html and python.looking forward to learn lots of skills here.

5 Likes

My Name is Tomiwa. I want to be a coder when I grow up. I use my new coding skills in the school. I use Codecademy to help me learn to code. I have taken “Learn HTML”. I have not been to any meetups. I don’t have answers to the next. And I do not have a story. Thank you.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

1 Like

name is James and i’m a Australian Student and that is pretty much it

5 Likes

My name is Nathalie. I just graduate from business school. I never use coding before but I plan to use that skill for my new business i’m plan to open in a few month. This is my first time using Codeacademy and my first time hear about it. I’m hoping that this site will help me gain the basic experience I need to get started with coding. Well I have not taken any coding course before, but i’m looking to see what course I will need to help me advance. I just sign up with codeacademy hopefully i’ll be able to participate.

6 Likes

Mr. Roy, I would just like to thank you for you have helped me through a lot. Whenever I find myself stuck on a problem/lesson, I’d always find your comment in the reply section regarding it. Your comments are always simple, understandable, and to the point. Thank you for always taking some of your time to help beginners such as myself, it really means a lot.

With appreciation and gratitude,
Mohammed

7 Likes

Hello guys!

This is my first post here. My name is Federico and I've started to learn some code just for fun. I've been a nerd for a lot of time but I had to cool down when I started university. I really hope I can learn and have fun in here!

Have a nice day, everyone!

7 Likes