Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone! My name is Angelica. I’m a student working on my bachelors in computer science. My goal is to go into full stack development. Not much to me. I’m a pretty simple chick. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone:

My name’s Andrew and I’m currently looking to shift my career from BA/PM, which I’ve done for almost a decade, back to my ‘origin story’. I graduated almost 20 years ago with a BS in SE and had a short stint as a vb.net/vb6 developer.

I’ve worked in Agile software for the last 10 years, as a BA, PO, and SM. I’ve even assisted QA with manual testing when the need arised. I’m looking forward to refreshing some old code skills, while learning new ones as well.

Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

Hello.
My name is Justin. I’m an extremely shy guy (don’t where a mask, though haha). It took some courage for me to post this.
I’m 34, though I’ll turn 35 this year. I live in America, though I was a military child. I’ve been to a few states along the east coast and to Japan. I’ve been doing Retail Sales right after I graduated high school in 2007 and still do retail today. I have an Associate’s in Computer Science… but never put it to use nor did I continue my education. Things have changed and now retail is no longer sufficient for me. My love of code and my interest in designs has never died. Therefore, I decided to join Codecademy to become a Full-Stack Engineer.
I will admit that I love video games and have a dream of becoming a game designer in the future. I was working on a solo project and will finish it someday. I know there is a Game Development course here, but I’m making plans closer to the present than the future.

I wish everyone luck on their courses and dreams. We can do this!

3 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is De’ja, I’m 26 years old. I was employed as a veterinary technician/nurse working at one of the top-rated animal hospitals in the USA. For various reasons, I saw that it wasn’t the career for me, so I looked at my interests and found that technology was always something that amazed me. I attempted to take classes, but I wasn’t prepared mentally or financially for what I had to do, so now I am looking at other avenues of learning and networking. I don’t have many friends (like 1 or 2 max) in the profession, and they’re not always available to help me with my self-studies. One day, I hope to write programs and websites to help people (and animals) with problems we face every day! Thank you for having me :pray:t5:

1 Like

Hey there, my name is Shaughn. I currently work in cyber security as a vulnerability management and prevention engineer (sounds fancy but I assure you its not). So far I have gotten by on just experience and being a self taught IT nerd being in the industry for over 12 years now. I am trying to keep myself sharp and learn new skills along the way with Codeacademy. I hope to connect with others and am here if anyone would like to connect for some virtual study groups!

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Ian. I live in the SW of the UK, and am undertaking a career change late in life. I love the problem solving aspect of coding, and the buzz I get when it works (am slightly less keen on the hours of head scratching that precede that, but I guess you can’t have one without the other!)

I have done a little coding before - back in the day, I used Javascript and Actionscript to create functional shopping basket system for a local retailer that they used for a while before such things were much more common. I dabbled in Java, and Python, but nothing to any depth.

I’m not totally sure what to commit to in terms of career path - I have a degree in Maths, so data science makes sense, and my previous history suggests web development would be also a good fit. I have jumped into Computer Science, as a kind of “jack-of-all-trades” thing, but I don’t think it matters too much at the moment.

I like to have more than one course on the go, so have some short (like Learn Git or Learn CLI), and some longer (like Learn C#).

One question - how do I get assigned to a “class” in the Career Path groups - does it happen automatically?

Hi there. Lori from Mountain Home AFB library. Just trying to learn something new to teach my patrons someday at an event. I have been in the library business for over 20 yrs now and try to learn something new everyday! Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Hello out there!
I am older than most of you on here and would like to learn as much as possible so i can change my career.
Thanks for reading.

Hello I’m Adam. I’m getting into front end engineering

Hi :cat:

My name is Abi. I’m a 20-something gal from PH. I used to work as a Freelance Data Analyst, and now I’m currently learning Python 3 because I want to upskill my existing career to be a Data Scientist.

I was inspired by my old job, and decided to take it further by learning the programming languages typically used in Data Science, which are Python 3, R, and SQL, and starting with Python 3.

My goal this year is to gain knowledge to these three so that I can take my career as a Data Scientist even further! I can make this dream to become a reality. Haha.

Oh, and statistics fascinate me. Also, I like to organize stuff by category.

That’s all for now. See ya :cat:

Hi all, I am Tehsin a Phd student in psychology and currently working of NHS clinical education. I learnt some coding as a kid and then changed my course, however now I want to reconnect with my roots as they say and relearn and practice.

Hi everyone! It’s nice to be here with you guys. My name is Fabio, and I’ve lived in Brazil. At the moment, I aim to start a new career—a change in my life. I’ve always loved programming since I remember, and now I want to achieve a position as a back-end or full-stack developer and have data analysis skills too. Feel free to start a chat anytime. Bye!

Hi everyone.

Starting my journey to become a front-end engineer, good vibes are appreciated.

Hey everyone!

Decided to try to learn something new for career change purposes! Reach out if you’re the same and need someone to help motivate you!

1 Like

Hello names Ashley Rose, I currently work in donut factory as a machine opt. I’ve never known what I wanted to do with my life, coding was introduced to me by one of wife’s clients at her job. He was trying to get her to do it, she considered it but computers aren’t her thing. He told her about Codecademy and how he used it to get ready for a boot-camp. Well he succeeded and now has a job in front-end development. He made the statement if I can do it you can. So I did some of the free courses at first and I fell in love with it, I then moved on to the pro subscription. I’ve had the whole imposter syndrome during this, especially when trying to build my own stuff but I keep pushing fwd and hope that you are too. We’re all here for reason.
My goal is to become a front-end developer I love it more than the back-end but I intend to learn both. I have replaced my gaming addiction with coding. I wonder if any of you have? Or if you finally felt like you’re doing something worth while. Anyways always up for a conversation coding is all about networking and getting to know people.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Alex, I’m an operations manager in NY looking to advance my BI skills. Happy to be joining yall :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Tyler, and I’m 30 years old. I’m so glad to be here!

I worked as a Operations Team Lead in a corporate job for a long time. Right now I am applying to other jobs, but I am going to be a full-stack developer, and learn as much as I can. I am really good with Excel, and VBA, so I feel like I have some foundations to understand technical things. I will absolutely make this my career! The only thing I’m worried about is experience!